Bloomington Police Reports

Man, 37, fights police officer \nTroy D. Harden, 37, was arrested Wednesday for battery on a police officer, resisting law enforcement, resisting law enforcement with a vehicle, possession of a handgun without a permit, possession of cocaine and being a habitual traffic offender.\nAt 2:44 a.m. BPD Officer Jared Oren said he saw a white Jeep Grand Cherokee driving erratically, said BPD Sgt. Jeff Canada, reading from a police report. When Oren checked the license plate, he noticed it did not match the SUV.\nWhen Oren activated his lights around Fee Lane and the State Route 45/46 bypass, the SUV began to drive faster, Canada said. The SUV turned right onto Milo Sampson Lane when Oren noticed it was starting to slow down. A female in the SUV tried to get out of the vehicle, but the vehicle accelerated and threw her from the car, Canada said.\nWhen the SUV came to a stop on Linden Drive, Oren saw the driver and another passenger, Jacob Deal, 21, run into a wooded area. Oren caught Deal and was arrested for public intoxication, Canada said.\nOren chased Harden, but the suspect got away several times. Oren said Harden charged him and struck him in the head. Oren was unable to handcuff him because Harden kept resisting, Canada said. As Oren and Harden continued to wrestle, Oren noticed the suspect reaching for his right pocket.\nOren used several methods to handcuff Harden, such as pepper spray and a neck hold.\nOfficers Ian Lovan, Josh McCoy and Lt. Jimmy Ratcliff arrived at the scene shortly after Oren struck Harden in the back of the head with a flashlight. Harden was finally taken into custody. Officers found a handgun in the SUV and a knife in Harden’s front right pocket, Canada said.\nOfficers located Chelsea Keiffner, 20, in the SUV, and she was taken to jail on a warrant for failure to appear in court.\nHarden was taken to the Monroe County Jail.

Man flashes his genitals, runs away\nAround 10:20 p.m. on Wednesday, an employee at the Winslow Plaza Laundromat, 305 E. Winslow Ct., reported seeing a male who had his pants pulled down, Canada said, reading from a police report.\nThe employee said the suspect was standing on top of a chair outside the laundromat when the employee noticed the suspect's pants were pulled down and she could see his genitals.\nThe male was described as white, about 20 years-old and wearing a black hat, glasses and a black T-shirt. The suspect ran east toward Henderson Court Apartments, Canada said.