Bloomington Police Reports

Balloon business investigated

According to a statement released by the Bloomington Police Department, the BPD is investigating a complaint from an out-of-town couple concerning a hot air balloon ride they paid for but never received. \nThe couple purchased a $300 certificate from “Balloons over Bloomington” in April 2006 and their ride was canceled by the owner. It was later rescheduled for May 2006 but was canceled again due to weather. The ride was canceled another two times by the company’s owner. \nThe owner told the company their ride would be rescheduled for 2007 but their money would not be refunded. When the couple called to reschedule their ride for May 2007, the company’s phone number was disconnected.\nBPD requests that anyone who has experienced a similar problem with “Balloons Over Bloomington” contact Detective Richard Hunter at (812) 349-3322.

Woman arrested for battery\nA Bloomington woman was arrested June 20 at 1:03 a.m. for domestic battery. \nBrandee Roberts, 27, said she began arguing with her husband, 34, because he was packing things up and leaving the house, BPD Sgt. Jeff Canada said, reading from a police report.\nAs her husband began packing up groceries, she grabbed a frozen bag of chicken and threw it at him. The bag of chicken cut the back of his head and he began to bleed, Canada said. \nRoberts admitted to throwing the bag of chicken but did not intend on hurting her husband. She was arrested for the felony because the crime was committed in front of their 6-year-old child, Canada said.

Man arrested for obstructing traffic\nJonathan N. Browning, 27, was arrested June 19 at 1:10 p.m. for obstructing traffic and resisting law enforcement. \nOfficer Scott Reynolds was directing traffic at Second Street and College Avenue after a power outage when he noticed Browning driving toward him, Sgt. Jeff Canada said, reading from a police report. Reynolds directed the car to go the opposite way when Browning tried to veer around him. \nWhen the vehicle did not stop, Reynolds hit the passenger side of the car. Because traffic was backed up, Reynolds told the car to come to a complete stop, Canada said. \nReynolds tried to explain to Browning that he was stopping all westbound traffic, but Browning argued he was allowed to make a right turn on red, Canada said. Reynolds told Browning he needed to pay attention to an officer directing traffic regardless of what color the light is.\nWhen Browning began to argue and. ignored Reynolds’ requests, he opened the car door and escorted Browning out of the car.