IU looks to remain perfect on season

IU hosts meet, boasts 4-0 record on the season

The No. 14 Hoosiers are off to a red hot start at 4-0. They are fresh off a meet in which they dominated No. 11 Texas, winning eight of the 13 events. IU will look to carry its momentum into this weekend when the women's swimming and diving team hosts the 11th annual IU Open Invitational at Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center. The Hoosiers will host Florida International, Purdue and Louisville for both swimming and diving. They will also compete against Cincinnati, Rice and Washington State for swimming and Stanford, Kentucky, Pittsburgh and Miami University of Ohio for diving.\nJunior diver Christina Loukas has yet to falter on the springboards, winning all eight of the events in which she has taken part. \nOn the swimming side, senior Leila Vaziri has led the Hoosiers, winning Big Ten Swimmer of the Week two different times this season.\nAfter a week without competition, IU is ready to get back in the water, coach Ray Looze said. \n"We've had a full week of practice and have been able to work on a lot of our fundamentals," Looze said. "This is a great opportunity for us to compete at home and work on our relay teams and let some of the kids swim in their off events. This will help us improve our versatility."\nThe invitational will consist of preliminary heats in each event followed by a final race.\n"I'm really excited. This is our first prelim-final meet," freshman Emily Lanteigne said. "This will be good experience for the Big Tens. It's a little bit more exciting for me because I usually swim faster in the final swim. Hopefully this meet will help with my seeding for the Big Ten meet"