IU senior still missing after two weeks, friends and family concerned

At around 10 p.m. Aug. 31, Daniel Eliot spoke to his friend Randyn Payne, telling him what a good day he had and how he looked forward to his job interview the next day.\nEliot failed to show up the next day for his student teaching job at Carmel High School and did not call or give notice. His car was gone and a search of his room found that his backpack was still there.\n"There's been no calls, no friend interactions, nothing. It's like he disappeared off the face of the earth," Daniel's father Ronald Eliot said last week.\nBoth Daniel's father and the Indianapolis Police Department said there are leads they are following but could not give more information on the ongoing investigation. There was a small monetary ATM withdrawal the Friday after Daniel went missing, but the police do not want to reveal whether or not it was Daniel at the ATM.\n"We don't know if he left on his own or if he was taken or what? We always call and keep good contact. We've never had any secrets. That's what has been so troubling," Ronald Eliot said.\nHe said he is satisfied with what the Indianapolis Police Department has been doing to find his son. The police said they could not give any more information about leads, so as not to disrupt the ongoing investigation.\n"To everyone here, it's a big question mark as to where he's at," Ronald Eliot said. \nHe said he has gotten numerous calls from Daniel Eloit's friends worrying about him.\nHis friends have grown concerned, writing on his Facebook wall to tell him they care about him and are eagerly waiting his safe return. \n"Thinking of you and praying. Miss you and want to see your smiling face soon!" Sarah Clark wrote. \n"He's my only son and my wife's baby," Ronald Eliot said. "Being parents, it's really bad for us, but we're keeping hope and prayers that he'll come back soon as safe as possible."\nAnyone with information about Daniel Eliot's whereabouts is urged to contact his parents at 812-375-9051 or detective Paul Scott at 317-327-6916.