Hoosiers to dive at World Cup in China

Several divers with Indiana connections will dive

IU diver Christina Loukas and former IU diver Cassandra Cardinell will trade in their cream and crimson uniforms and instead represent their country in red, white and blue.\nLoukas and Cardinell will represent the United States in the XV Fina Diving World Cup in Changshu, China later this week. The Cup runs from July 19 to July 23 and consists of five different events for men and women. \nBut the women's team isn't the only team that will feature divers with Hoosier connections. Competing in the 10-meter platform and the 10-meter synchro will be David Boudia of Noblesville, Ind. and Thomas Finchum of Indianapolis.\nLoukas will be competing in the 1-meter springboard and the 10-meter synchro. Cardinell will join her former teammate while competing in the 10-meter syncrho as well.\nAlthough she graduated last year, Cardinell has continued to train in Bloomington and also served as the conditioning coordinator for the Hoosier team. During her senior year, Cardinell won the 2005 NCAA Championship in the 10-meter dive. Cardinell will continue to train after the competition and hopes to return to China for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.\nLoukas has had immense success lately in her diving career. She was awarded Big Ten Diver of the Year for the second straight season last year, and she also won the 1-meter title at the Big Ten Championship.