WANTED: KILLer instinct

For domination of the IU season

Big Ten beware:\nSeveral reports have cited a 6-foot-8, 270-pound man terrorizing several cities throughout the Midwest. Known as the "Killer," he appears to have no tregard for those who cross his path - no matter what size. Most recently, he tortured 255-pound Graham Brown of Michigan for 19 points and 13 rebounds. His coach, Mike Davis, called it his best game. He only appears to be getting stronger.\nThe senior forward from Montgomery, Ala., is formally known as Marco Killingsworth. But while the name is well-known, it's his game that is reaching a new level. \nKillingsworth shot 69 percent Saturday to culminate a four-game stretch during which he averaged 53 percent shooting. In the five games prior, the senior only averaged 43 percent shooting per contest. \n"This was probably his best game," IU coach Mike Davis said. "He had seven offensive boards. He didn't commit any serious fouls ... That's the player we need for us to be a good basketball team."\nBut Big Ten teams shouldn't let the kind words fool them. This man's wicked ways appear to be climaxing, as evident by Killingsworth's final shot Saturday.\nWith less than a minute left, the Hoosiers trailed by two points. In cold blood, the "Killer" proceeded to dribble through his legs, crossing over his defender. He then stepped back and confidently knocked down the 15-foot jumper. And just like that, the game was tied.\nEven his coach was awestruck.\n"Wow. Marco. Did you see that?" Davis said to reporters. "You guys would have killed me after the game if he would have missed that shot. Between the legs, pull up. Man, I felt like I was watching an And1 video."\nNote the casualty with which Davis dropped that "K" word. Perhaps what is even scarier is the Killer's quickness to downplay his own evil doings.\n"That's one of them playground moves right there," he said with a grin. "It's something that just happened ... He just staggered out, so I took the jumper."\nKillingsworth had taken 329 shots during the season, but he still managed to pull out something nobody had seen before with No. 330.\n"I couldn't believe it," Davis said. "I mean, I've never seen him do that in practice. That's the first time I've seen that move."\nThe regular season is now over and the stage has been set for Killingsworth to become notorious nationwide -- not just in the Big Ten. And based on IU's final field goal Saturday, junior Rod Wilmont said a bigger stage should suffice for this "Killer."\n"Big players step up at big times," Wilmont said. "That's a big-time shot right there. That's a pro shot right there"