It ain't easy

What's the easiest thing you can think of?\nThis is a great opportunity to take a cheap shot at Tara Reid.\nTaking tests, finding love, planning your future, getting out of bed. It's all so hard.\nSurely easy things exist and they deserve a special tribute. But, what's the easiest thing you can think of?\nThe first example that pops into my head (pun intended) is microwavable popcorn. However, I remember a tragic popcorn incident from my freshman year that was rather complicated.\nFlashback! I thought I pressed the microwave's popcorn button, but something went horribly wrong. Thick smoke filled my tiny dorm room. The stench of burnt popcorn haunted the halls for weeks, maybe even months. Fellow dorm residents actually used the term "nuclear holocaust smell."\nOK, bad example. Popcorn is hard. So, what's easy?\nI asked the first person in sight, my roommate. \nI said, "Give me an example of something easy."\nShe said, "Your mom."\nI absolutely walked right into that one. Finding something easy isn't easy at all.\nI asked others for examples of easy things. A few responses were chewing gum, napping, putting on flip-flops, falling into old habits and flipping an SUV. But for most part, the following acts exemplify easy in its purest form.\n1. Spelling your own name.\nWriting a research paper? Put your name right at the top. Feels good, doesn't it? You didn't have to research it. You already knew it, perhaps better than anyone else. \n2. Making toast.\nToast isn't like those other foods you hear so much about in the news. It's easy. There's a burn factor, but unlike microwaves, toasters don't require punching in numbers or differential equations. Just press down a lever and you get a delicious, crusty meal. Best of all, it pops up. For the skeptics, let me emphasize: the toast comes to you.\n3. Sneezing.\nA sneeze is a mighty force. There's little difference between sneezing and the creation of the universe or a volcanic eruption, except sneezing is easy. Sure, it's a complex internal process, but you don't have to do anything consciously. It just happens beyond one's control, and that's what makes it so beautiful.\n4. Turning on a light.\nWhat could be more gratifying than flipping a switch to produce instant results? That's right, nothing. If you want to create light, a power once only accredited to gods, all you have to do is flip a switch and millions of tiny hamsters run around inside wheels to do the rest.\n5. Making a kissy face.\nAny proponent of the kissy face will tell you, it's fun and easy. Just put your lips together. Maybe add a little wink. The kissy face was invented in 1367 by Lord Kissy Face himself as a military tactic to conquer the French.\nAnd that brings me to my final point of easiness.\n6. Making stuff up.\nEasy things are scattered everywhere in our lives like carefree sprinkles atop a cupcake of labor and struggles. Yeah, life is hard, but it's easy to overlook the easy stuff.