Freshman reports McNutt room ransacked

Freshman Tess Agnelneri reported vandalism and theft to her McNutt Quad dorm room Thursday, according to IU Police Department reports. One week earlier, Agnelneri reported her room key had been lost or stolen, said IUPD Lt. Jerry Minger, reading from the police report. The lock was scheduled to be changed Nov. 11, according to the report.\nAgnelneri and her roommate left the room Thursday afternoon and returned to the room six hours later, when it appeared to have been ransacked and vandalized, according to the report. Minger said shaving cream had been sprayed around the room, clothes had been thrown around and two beanbag chairs had been slashed. The students' laptop computers and iPods had not been taken, and their DVD player was hanging by its wires. Nothing was missing, but the girls reported someone had entered the room earlier that day and took $40 worth of food.\nAgnelneri was not available for comment by press time.\n

Penis painted on fraternity roof

\nThe house mother of Phi Kappa Psi reported vandalism to the roof of the fraternity house at 1200 N. Jordan Ave. Thursday morning. A 12-foot image of a penis had been spraypainted with white paint sometime early Wednesday morning, Minger said. Members of the house tried to wash off the paint but were unsuccessful, Minger said. The damage is estimated at $500. \nMembers of the house also reported vandalism to two cars, which occurred sometime between 4:30 and 7:30 a.m. Thursday, according to a police report. The windows of a 1995 Honda Civic that had been parked on the circle of the south side of the house had been smashed. The damage was estimated at $150. The rear window of a 2003 Jeep Liberty parked next to it had also been broken, and the damage was estimated at $550. Nothing was missing from the vehicles.