Touching movie for the family

Yes, it's about a horse, and a family, and love, but it's those exact elements that make "Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story" a winner. Admit it, everybody loves animals in films, and even more when the animal struggles against incredible odds. "Dreamer" is a heartwarming story about a father and daughter that come together by helping to heal an injured racehorse. Dakota Fanning and Kurt Russell star as the father and daughter duo. Dakota is Cale Crane, a strong, caring young girl who yearns for her father's love and finds true friendship with her horse, Sonador, (Spanish for "dreamer"). \nThe narrative begins with Sonador going down in a race, and Cale's father Ben Crane (Russell) stopping an evil horse owner from killing Sonador. Instead, Ben takes the horse home and with the help of Cale, Pop Crane (Kris Kristofferson) and two of Ben's trusty workmen, the horse is nursed back to health through the strength of their love. The story might sound a bit cheesy, but somehow "Dreamer" pulls it off. It cannot help but touch the viewer. Dakota Fanning is adorable and plays her usual independent and spirited character that shows the world in a new light to all the adults. Her scenes with Russell and the rest of the cast are natural and she continues to approach each film like an experienced older actress. Kristofferson gives a memorable performance as the wise grandfather, and it doesn't hurt that he and Russell share such a strong resemblance. The film is also graced with a small but vital performance by Elizabeth Shue as Dakota's caring mother. Her role in "Dreamer" is subtle, but not at all overlooked. \nThe film itself is thoughtfully filmed and shows a beautiful look at the landscape of horse country in Kentucky. With rolling green hills, blue grass in the morning and the miles of white fences along two-lane roads, "Dreamer" is a well-shot film on top of some worthy performances by well-known actors. And that's not to mention the praiseworthy performance by Sonador. With her shiny dark brown hair, and knowing big dark eyes, she's definitely one of the beauties of the film. She is, of course, much more aware of everyone's feelings and is the force behind all the characters' development. Basically, no one can outshine Sonador. She's got skills, and "Dreamer" is a sweet film perfect for the whole family to enjoy.