Wrestlers head to Virginia to test unbeaten record

No. 19 Hoosiers part of field featuring 5 top-25 squads

Four highly ranked teams will be among the competition for IU this weekend as the wrestling team travels to Hampton, Virginia. \nThe 5-0 Hoosiers will hit the road to take part in the Virginia Duals for the first time since 2001.\nThe team will wrestle in the American College Division that features four out of fifteen teams ranked among the top-25 in the latest W.I.N. magazine poll. Joining the No. 19 Hoosiers are No. 6 Nebraska, No. 12 Missouri, No. 23 Cal State-Bakersfield and No. 25 Edinboro University. Despite so many strong teams, IU coach Duane Goldman doesn't seem too worried.\n"It's a tough tournament and a really good tournament," Goldman said. "We'll see a few teams we wouldn't normally see, some ranked ahead of us and some other quality teams, but I have faith in our guys."\nSophomore Josh Buuck echoed his coach's sentiment.\n"We definitely can beat anyone," he said "We're out to win."\nGoldman's confidence stems from the Hoosiers being a well-rested and relatively injury-free squad as they enter the tournament. Mike Simpson, who received a head full of stitches to go with his fourth-place finish at the Midlands Championships two weeks ago, should be able to go despite missing a lot of practice time. The Virginia Duals will also feature the return of IU's junior All-American Joe Dubuque.\n"I feel good," Dubuque said. "The team is prepared and we had a good week of practice. There'll be a couple of kids that I've wrestled before, and I feel confident I can wrestle with anyone."\nThe Virginia Duals will begin at 8 a.m. Friday, with the finals held at 7 p.m. Saturday. Results will be posted online at www.virginiaduals.org.\n-- Contact Staff Writer Andy \nPetersen at andpeter@indiana.edu.