Pretrial conference rescheduled due to changes within court system

A courtroom of people awaited the presence of Bryan M. Gooldy Thursday afternoon before Judge Marc Kellams suggested his pretrial conference be scheduled at a later date because of reshuffling within the court system. \nGooldy's car crossed the center line of state road 37, resulting in the death of alumna Katharine B. Comiskey Nov. 9. Toxicology reports released Nov. 10 indicated Gooldy was under the influence of cocaine, opiates and benzodiazepines when he struck Comiskey's car. At the time of the accident, Gooldy was on probation after serving three years in prison for a robbery he committed in 2000. Court documents indicate Gooldy was also charged with possession of a controlled substance in 1994 and obtaining a controlled substance by fraud in 1995.\nOn Nov. 17, Gooldy pleaded not guilty to the charges filed against him, which include operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing death, operating a vehicle whle under the influence of drugs causing death and being a habitual offender. If convicted, Gooldy could face up to 52 years in prison.\nGooldy's original pretrial date was slated for Jan. 6, but was later pushed back after his case was reassigned to Jeff Kehr in the Monroe County Prosecutor's Office.\nStuart Baggerly, Gooldy's public defender, said the pretrial conference, which will be held at 2 p.m. Feb. 1, will focus on "evidence and discovery"