A week of elegance

NEW YORK -- The pressure must be on for the youngest hot new designer in the biz. But Zac Posen looks as cool and calm as ever. After his recent merging with P. Diddy's Sean John Clothingline, the two seem to radiate only confidence and class. Posen's long-awaited show had the highest of expectations; and without a doubt, he lived up to his potential.\n"The lights went on and the black sand runway looked like diamonds, setting the tone for the show," said Fonzworth Bentley, a member of P. Diddy's entourage.\nThe first segment of the show was filled with neat white satin suits and chiffon dresses detailed with modest trimming and perfect tailoring. The looks oozed sophistication with a touch of sexy boldness. And just when you thought the show was reflected in this light, Posen hit the audience with a fresh new surprise.\nPosen's fun and colorful prints were seen again, but redefined of course. Mixing three to four different patterns in one dress would look tacky in most cases, but Posen's multi-colored sensations spoke nothing but the best of high-couture fashion. Playful, flirtatious and clever are some words that come to mind with the emergence of each new ensemble. \n"I'm not interested in forcing character," Posen said. "I'm just interested in making pieces that expand the imagination of the woman."\nImagination was a necessity for Posen to have created a third genre of eye-catching styles. The last looks were evening dresses re-invented with long flowing capes containing cut-out patterns. Capes were a popular addition to evening dresses this season, but Posen's version still wooed over the crowd.\nA-list celebs such as Paris Hilton, Claire Danes, Joe Pesci, Tyson Beckford and more came out to get a front row glance at what Posen created. Even P. Diddy's dog Sofie came out dressed to impress in an original Sean John tux to celebrate the occasion. And how do top-notch stars, models and fashionistas celebrate? With an endless amount of expensive champagne and the most exclusive parties that last until dawn. And that's just what they did.

Nicole Miller -- feminine sexuality\nNicole Miller's spring 2005 collection is as hard and sexy as it is soft and pretty. With nude and bronze colors, her outfits give a romantic Juliet-inspired look. Detailed with random drawstrings and embroidered silk, her dresses were charming. Silk and jersey were used in abundance. Antique gold beading and chiffon glamorized evening wear.\n"I was inspired by Celtic symbols," Miller said of her collection.\nMiller also used metallic on her leather pieces which made her styles look hard and sexy. She paired unusual materials together such as a feminine top made of tulle and lace with a washed metallic leather skirt. The unexpected mixture of two very different pieces was how Miller created a fresh look to her signature style. \nThe collection was balanced and practical with an inevitable sass. Bold and beautiful best describes the Nicole Miller woman. She's sleek and sexy, with an obvious soft side that makes up her individuality.

Rosita & Disarno -- '80s inspiration\nBrilliant, bold and bodacious is the must notable interpretation of the Rosita & Disarno show. Major color schemes for the spring line included yellow and orange.. Lace and chiffon were used in mass, but not for purposes of creating softness. The vibrant colored materials were tight and tiny on the models' bodies, but definitely caught people's attention. \n"We got our inspiration from natural things like the sky and the ocean and handmade these printed designs," Rosita said of the collection. \nThe '80s inspired prints were fun, carefree and without boundaries. The evening looks radiated the same energy. Dual colored chiffon layers hung from the bottoms of dresses and flowed naturally across the backside. \n"We were in Capri and Monte Carlo this summer," Disarno added. "We focused on the lady in the summer and gave a touch of late '80s to the contemporary."\nAt the show's closing, Victoria Gotti, a client of Rosita and Disarno, as well as the star of the recent hit reality series "Growing up Gotti" on A&E, walked the runway and bowed, arm in arm with the designers. \n"It was pretty cool seeing my mom come out in the end," John Gotti said. "The show was awesome."

Alice Roi -- Special engagement\nAlice Roi delivered a line embodying the feminine touches that define a large majority of 2005 spring fashion. Her soft sense of style was demonstrated through lace trimming, natural light colors and tulle that flowed loosely off the models' bodies like thin air.\n"Alice's clothes are beautiful," runway model Asia Pulko said. "I thought the show went great."\nRoi favored A-line skirts and vests which mixed pretty with preppy. Her version of metallic-like additions, which were enormously prevalent on the runway this season, was done with lacquered pants and dresses. The use of this material gave toughness to an otherwise ultra-feminine collection. Boy shorts and riding coats paired with unusual articles such as cashmere vests over oxford girls' shirts provided a sporty chic side to the line.\nThe real buzz didn't happen until the end of the show. As the models took their last strut down the runway, they held up signs saying "Will you marry me?" The models stopped in front of Roi's boyfriend, Marc Beckman, and turned to the stage as Roi stepped up. \n"Yes!," Roi cried as she ran to hug her man. The crowd went wild for the newly engaged couple. \nAs expected, Roi topped her previous line and the schoolgirl giddy aura that was present in the theatre was the appropriate ending for her show.