Smooth crooner hits the 'Southside'

It wasn't long ago Ja Rule was boasting Murder Inc. as the "World's Most Talented Record Label." Since then, Murder Inc. has dropped the "Murder" and Ja has been dropped by 50 Cent. The well that was the Ashanti/Ja Rule duo three years ago has now dried, and The Inc. must look to the future, which is where 18-year-old Lloyd comes in. \nIn fact, Lloyd wasn't even supposed to be on The Inc., but after he recorded an album for Magic Johnson's label, things fell through and he was left shopping it around until The Inc. found him. Lloyd does in fact have some talent to bring to the table, enough to hold his own on Southside. The first single and title track is of course with Ashanti, as she helps introduce Lloyd to the mainstream. There's even a bonus remix (same beat, just with a verse from "Scarface") of the song, even though it's not exactly deserving of it. \nWhile many of the song titles and lyrics are a bit clichéd ("Feelin' You," "Hustler," "I'm a G" and "Feels So Right"), the album's slow, smooth, bass-heavy beats would be a good background for some baby making. That is, if you block out the fact Lloyd probably recorded these songs before he could buy cigarettes. Then again, The Inc.'s target demographic has always been the group a bit too old for Hilary Duff (if there's such a thing).