Help needed for kids festival

Festival fun April 18\nVolunteers ages 15 and over are needed to help out at the Nur Festival. The event was founded by Naomi Komoda, a parent who was looking for venues where children could have a festival-type experience without the commercialism. At the festival, volunteers read to the children, help with games and craft projects, greet visitors and sell snacks.\nFor more information contact Naomi Komoda at 339-4084 or send an e-mail to Naomi-komoda@sbcglobal.net.

Local theater group seeks publicity director\nGet your creative juices flowing and put them to use designing flyers and posters for the Tavern Shakespeare, which puts on puts on small performances in bars and taverns around town. Artistic director of the Tavern Shakespeare Phil Kasper said the group is also in the process of founding the Indiana Shakespeare Festival and will need two or three volunteers. Kasper himself will be skydiving to bring in donations and pledges. \nFor details or to get involved contact Phil Kasper at 331-7763 or send an e-mail to boarsheadtavern@yahoo.com.

Services for the MEALS ON WHEELS\nMeals on Wheels needs office assistants and drivers. Office assistants need communication and technical skills and must be available for two-hour shifts one day per week. Meals on Wheels is a service for homebound individuals. \nFor details contact Ellie Rogers at 323-4982 or send an e-mail to mow@bloomhealth.org.

Homeward bound walk\nFamilies are encouraged to volunteer together for the Homeward Bound Walk for the Homeless, April 18. Volunteers will provide information, work at refreshment tables, staff check points, help with registration, paint faces and entertain children. The walk will be held at Third Street from noon to 4 p.m.\nFor more information, contact Mary Beth Roska at 334-8370 or send an e-mail to mb@unitedway.monroe.in.us.

-- Contact volunteer beat reporter Kye Lee at kyelee@indiana.edu.