Carolina wins battle of undefeated

Panthers 23, Colts 20 (OT)\nINDIANAPOLIS -- Carolina found another way to remain unbeaten Sunday.\nInstead of giving the ball to Stephen Davis and watching him rumble over defenses, they got a 47-yard field goal by John Kasay 5:34 into overtime for a 23-20 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.\nA week after Peyton Manning led the Colts to a record-setting comeback over Tampa Bay on Monday night, the Colts (5-1) could not come up with a second straight overtime win.\nDeShaun Foster ran for 85 yards, and set up Kasay for the winning field goal.\nThe Panthers (5-0) have now won seven straight dating to last season and are one of three remaining unbeaten teams in the NFL. The others are Kansas City (6-0) and Minnesota (5-0).

Chiefs 40, Packers 34 (OT)\nGREEN BAY, Wis. -- Dante Hall's touchdown streak is over. The Kansas City Chiefs' winning streak isn't, thanks to a wild finish against the Green Bay Packers.\nThe Chiefs overcame a 17-point fourth-quarter deficit force overtime, then came out on top after a crazy closing sequence to beat the Packers 40-34 Sunday.\nHere were the final three plays of the game, one right after the other:\n-- Green Bay (3-3) blocked Morten Andersen's 48-yard field goal attempt with 9:09 left in OT.\n-- On first down, Packers running back Ahman Green -- who ran 26 times for 139 yards -- fumbled the ball, and Kansas City recovered.\n-- Chiefs quarterback Trent Green threw a 51-yard touchdown pass to Eddie Kennison with 8:42 left in the extra period.\nSimple as that, Kansas City improved to 6-0.

Saints 20, Bears 13\nNEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Saints finally found a team they could beat.\nAaron Brooks threw two touchdown passes against one of the NFL's worst defenses to lead the Saints to a 20-13 victory over the Chicago Bears on Sunday.\nBrooks connected with Joe Horn on a 6-yard scoring pass with 7:18 left for the clinching score as the Saints won for the second time in six games. The Bears fell to 1-4.

Dallas 23, Philadelphia 21\nIRVING, Texas -- Add beating the Philadelphia Eagles to the list of things the Dallas Cowboys can do under Bill Parcells that they couldn't the last few years.\nRandal Williams foiled a game-opening onside kick by returning it 37 yards for a touchdown and Billy Cundiff kicked a 28-yard field goal with 1:11 left to give the Cowboys a 23-21 victory over the Eagles on Sunday, ending a six-game losing streak to their division rivals.\nDallas had lost those games by an average of 25 points and hadn't scored an offensive touchdown in the last three. That made this matchup a key early season test for Parcells.\nWith a fourth straight win, the Cowboys improved to 4-1 for the first time since 1995 and remain alone atop the NFC East. Dallas goes to Detroit next week with a chance to match its win total from each of the last three seasons.

Dolphins 24, Jaguars 10\nJACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Their quarterback threw the best block. Their tight end scored by recovering a fumble. Their starting defensive ends had a bigger impact than anyone on offense.\nThe Miami Dolphins simply added to Jacksonville's woeful season Sunday, with a strange-looking 24-10 victory that gave the Jaguars yet another ax to grind.\nRandy McMichael scooped up a fumble for the go-ahead score, Jay Fiedler ran interference for Ricky Williams, and defensive ends Jason Taylor and Adewale Ogunleye played superbly to help the Dolphins (4-1) plunge the Jacksonville (1-5) into a deeper hole.

Browns 13, Raiders 7\nCLEVELAND -- William Green ran right through the Raider AbomiNation.\nGreen gained 145 yards on 26 carries, leading the Cleveland Browns to a rare and ugly home win Sunday, 13-7 over the penalty-prone Oakland Raiders.\nThe Raiders (2-4) committed an NFL season-high 19 penalties -- five on consecutive plays in the third quarter -- and looked nothing like the team that represented the AFC in last year's Super Bowl.\nGreen scored on a 5-yard TD run following a trick play late in the third quarter, and the Browns improved to just 10-25 at home since 1999.

Patriots 17, Giants 6\nFOXBORO, Mass. -- New York Giants' giveaways kept New England in the game for a half. Then Tom Brady and the rest of the Patriots took over.\nBrady and Kevin Faulk led the Patriots to 10 points on their first two second-half drives and Richard Seymour played a dominant defensive game in a 17-6 win over the Giants on Sunday.\nBrady was 1-of-10 for 7 yards in a first half in which the Patriots were outgained 199-29 and had just one first down to New York's 12. But he came alive after intermission, overcoming the rain and wind that plagued both teams throughout the game.

Titans 38, Texans 17\nNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans are hard to beat when Steve McNair is nearly perfect.\nMcNair had a perfect quarterback rating in the first half, finished with a career-high 421 yards passing and threw three touchdowns to Derrick Mason as the Titans routed the Houston Texans 38-17 on Sunday.\nThe Titans (4-2) returned home for their only game in Nashville in October determined to erase the memory of last week's loss at New England. It wasn't hard against Houston (2-3) as Tennessee also intercepted three passes, returning one for a touchdown.\nBuccaneers 35, Redskins 13\nLANDOVER, Md. -- While everyone was waiting to see whether Warren Sapp or LaVar Arrington would misbehave, a chemistry major from Vanderbilt keep sneaking into the end zone.\nTight end Todd Yoder got wide open for his first two NFL touchdowns Sunday, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' offense broke loose in the second half of a 35-13 victory over Washington.

Jets 30, Bills 3\nEAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Jets sure know how to regroup after a bye week.\nVinny Testaverde threw three touchdown passes, and the Jets sacked Drew Bledsoe a season-high seven times en route to their first win of the season, 30-3 over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.\nThe Jets improved to 3-0 after a week off under third-year coach Herman Edwards.\nLast season, they were 1-4 entering the bye but finished the season with the AFC East title and a 9-7 record.

Ravens 26, Cardinals 18\nTEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona quarterback Jeff Blake faced the latest of his three former teams on Sunday. Chris McAlister, Jamal Lewis and Ed Reed made it a rude reunion.\nMcAlister intercepted Blake twice, returning the second one 83 yards for a touchdown, and the Baltimore Ravens beat the Cardinals 26-18 on Sunday.\nLewis set a franchise record with his fourth consecutive 100-yard rushing game. The NFL's powerful leading rusher gained 131 yards in 21 carries.

Broncos 17, Steelers 14\nDENVER -- Jason Elam settled a tight struggle between the AFC's top two defenses.\nElam hit a 47-yard field goal on the final play of the game as Denver (5-1) handed Pittsburgh (2-4) its third straight loss.\nPittsburgh tied it at 14-all on Jerome Bettis' 1-yard dive and an improbable two-point conversion, but the Broncos got the ball back at their 20 with 2:41 left.\nThe Steelers nearly halted Denver's winning drive, but safety Brent Alexander dropped an interception at Pittsburgh's 20 with less than a minute left.\nElam came onto the field with five seconds left. After kicking, he hesitated for a second before raising his arms as the ball sailed just inside the right upright.

San Francisco at Seattle\nGame not completed by time of publication.