Manning erupts for 6 touchdowns

Colts 55, Saints 21\nNEW ORLEANS (AP) - Peyton Manning visited his hometown Sunday night and humiliated his dad's old team.\nManning became the first NFL quarterback in more than a decade to throw six touchdown passes, leading the Indianapolis Colts past the New Orleans Saints 55-21.\nThe Colts are 4-0 for the first time since 1996.\nManning went 20-of-25 for 314 yards, with TD tosses that covered 17, 14, 79, 12, 32 and 11 yards.\nWith his father, Archie, watching in the stands, Manning set a team record and came close to the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a game -- seven, shared by five players: Sid Luckman, Adrian Burk, George Blanda, Y.A. Tittle and Joe Kapp.\nManning is the first quarterback to throw six in a game since Mark Rypien did it for the Washington Redskins against the Atlanta Falcons on Nov. 10, 1991.\nManning grew up attending games in the Superdome and cheering for the Saints. Archie Manning is the only New Orleans quarterback to go to the Pro Bowl.\nThe Colts took a 14-0 lead before the Saints (1-3) had a single first down.\nVikings 35, 49ers 7\nMINNEAPOLIS -- Gus Frerotte threw for 267 yards and four touchdowns, three to Randy Moss, as Minnesota stayed unbeaten in four games.\nMoss had eight receptions for 172 yards as Minnesota scored on four of its five first-half possessions, intercepted Jeff Garcia three times and held Terrell Owens to five catches for 52 yards. The 49ers are 1-3.\nFrerotte was filling in for Daunte Culpepper, who broke three small bones in his lower back last week against Detroit.\nSteelers 30, Titans 13\nPITTSBURGH -- Steve McNair threw three touchdown passes following Pittsburgh mistakes as Tennessee beat the Steelers 30-13 Sunday, their third win over their longtime rival in less than a year.\nThe Steelers led 10-0 before the Titans had a first down, but three costly mistakes by quarterback Tommy Maddox were turned into Titans scores. Backup linebacker Rocky Boiman returned a Maddox interception 59 yards for a touchdown and sacked Maddox for a safety that started Tennessee's comeback.\nUntil Sunday, Boiman had only a half-sack and no interceptions in his two-season career.\n"That's what it takes to win sometimes, backups making plays like that," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said.\nMcNair, who has eight touchdown passes and only one interception this season, threw touchdown passes of 10 yards to Drew Bennett, one to Erron McKinney and 29 to Justin McCareins as the Titans (3-1) beat the Steelers (2-2) for the 10th time in 12 games, including their 34-31 overtime playoffs victory in January.\nMcNair, 15-of-16 for 161 yards, is 10-3 against the Steelers, throwing 19 touchdown passes and only four interceptions. Coach Jeff Fisher is 11-6 against them -- easily the best record of any opposing AFC coach against the Steelers' Bill Cowher.\n"Nothing against them, but you never go into a game thinking Drew Bennett and Justin McCareins, you've got to stop them," Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter said. "It was those role players who kept making big plays."\nChiefs 17, Ravens 10\nBALTIMORE -- Dante Hall did it again for the Chiefs, this time on a second-chance kickoff return.\nAfter the Ravens (2-2) tied it on a touchdown run by Jamal Lewis, who finished with 115 yards rushing, Baltimore pinned the Chiefs inside their 20 on the kickoff.\nBut the Ravens' Adalius Thomas was called offside, and Hall took the next kickoff all the way, encountering few would-be tacklers to keep the Chiefs unbeaten at 4-0.\nHall returned a kickoff for a touchdown last week and also has a punt return for a TD this season.\nBengals 21, Browns 14\nCLEVELAND -- The NFL's sorriest team for the past decade gave rookie coach Marvin Lewis his first victory as Jon Kitna threw three touchdown passes, two to Chad Johnson.\nLewis might have sparked the win himself. After the Bengals (1-3) fell behind 14-7 in the second quarter, Lewis huddled his defense on the sideline and the former defensive coordinator delivered a heated motivational speech.\nCincinnati responded by shutting out the Browns (1-3) the rest of the way, and as the clock expired, the Bengals celebrated by dousing Lewis with Gatorade.\nRedskins 20, Patriots 17\nLANDOVER, Md. -- Led by Champ Bailey, Washington's defense intercepted Tom Brady three times as the Redskins almost squandered a 20-3 lead but hung on to beat the Patriots.\nLeading 6-3 at halftime, Bailey's fumble recovery helped Washington open a 20-3 third-quarter lead. But two touchdown passes by Brady put the Patriots within three points with 2:10 to play.\nBryan Barker's punt gave the Patriots the ball at Washington's 45 with 1:39 to go, and they drove to the 38 before Brady's fourth-and-3 pass was broken up by Ifeanyi Ohalete.\nEagles 23, Bills 13\nORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Brian Westbrook capped a breakthrough for the Philadelphia Eagles' offense with a 62-yard run to seal the Eagles' victory.\nPhiladelphia (1-2) had scored just 10 points in its opening two games and almost squandered a 16-point edge in the fourth quarter against the Bills, who lost their second straight after opening the season 2-0.\nThe Bills managed just 129 net yards through three quarters before Drew Bledsoe hit Bobby Shaw for a three-yard touchdown and ran 1 yard for a TD to make it 16-13 with 2:49 remaining.\nRams 37, Cardinals 13\nST. LOUIS -- As Marshall Faulk nursed his broken hand, his replacement, Lamar Gordon, ran for 81 yards on 21 carries and scored the game's first touchdown in the Rams' victory over Arizona (1-3).\nMarc Bulger threw two touchdown passes and ran for a third in his second start since replacing Kurt Warner for the Rams (2-2). That included a seven-yarder to Torry Holt that put the game away at 30-13 early in the fourth.\nBulger was 28-for-41 for 272 yards.\nTexans 24, Jaguars 20\nHOUSTON -- David Carr sneaked in from less than a yard out on the final play of the game to give Houston (2-2) the victory after coach Dom Capers eschewed a field goal that would have sent the game into overtime.\nThe score came after Byron Leftwich, making his first start at quarterback, fumbled at the Jacksonville 41 with 2:41 left to set up the winning drive. Leftwich, making his first career start, had an 84-yard touchdown pass to Troy Edwards for the Jaguars (0-4).\nPanthers 23, Falcons 3\nCHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Stephen Davis ran for 153 yards and his first touchdown of the season to help Carolina snap its six-game losing streak against Atlanta.\nJake Delhomme threw a five-yard touchdown pass to Ricky Proehl and John Kasay kicked field goals of 53, 23 and 38 yards as the Panthers opened the season 3-0 for the second consecutive year. But Carolina went on an eight-game skid last season, not likely to be repeated after the confidence-building win over Atlanta (1-3).\nCowboys 17, Jets 6\nEAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Troy Hambrick ran for 127 yards and a touchdown on 24 carries as Bill Parcells' Cowboys racked up 202 yards on the ground to beat the struggling Jets. It was Parcells' second straight win against a New York team he used to coach.\nThe Jets are 0-4 for the first time since 1996, when they finished 1-15.\nTwo weeks ago, Parcells and the Cowboys pulled off a 35-32 overtime victory over the New York Giants, a team Parcells coached to two Super Bowl championships.\nHe has one more stop on his tour of games against his former teams: Dallas (2-1) plays at New England on Nov. 16.\nBroncos 20, Lions 16\nDENVER -- Jake Plummer completed 16 straight passes in the first half and threw for two touchdowns as the Broncos held on for coach Mike Shanahan's 100th career win.\nDenver is 4-0 for the fifth time in team history and first since winning 13 straight to start the 1998 season, when the Broncos won their second straight Super Bowl.\nDetroit (1-3) has lost 18 straight road games, with its last away victory coming Dec. 17, 2000, against the New York Jets.\nRaiders 34, Chargers 31 (OT)\nOAKLAND, Calif. -- Rich Gannon and Jerry Rice combined to rally the Raiders (2-2) from 14 points down in the second half. Then Sebastian Janikowski made a 46-yard field goal with 5:01 left in overtime.\nGannon recovered from another bad start with three fine scoring drives. He finished 26-of-43 for 348 yards and three touchdowns, while Rice had seven receptions for 118 yards.\nSan Diego is now 0-4.