Hoosiers head to Kentucky

With a two-week break under their belts, the men's golf team looks to continue from their strong finish at the El Diablo Invitational March 16.\nAfter his 11th place finish a week ago, sophomore Heath Peters looks to lead IU as they travel down to the Johnny Owens Invitational in Lexington, Kent., hosted by the University of Kentucky. \nThe 54-hole event -- 36 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday -- will be played at the par 72, 6,992 yard course University Club of Kentucky.\nCoach Mike Mayer said this is the first time IU will be playing the course.\n"This is a brand new course for us, so we'll have to pay close attention to detail during our practice round Friday," Mayer said.\nThe starting five for the Hoosiers will be sophomore Jeff Overton, Peters, senior Ben Davidson, freshman Scott Seibert and senior Aldo Jordan. \nThis is the ninth time that IU has participated in the Johnny Owens Invitational; the last time was in 1999. \nAmong host Kentucky, the Hoosiers will be battling against other teams from the Midwest region such as Ball State, Eastern Kentucky, Marshall, Miami (Ohio), Morehead State, Ohio, Louisville, Michigan, Notre Dame, Western Kentucky, Xavier, Arkansas-Little Rock and Vanderbilt.\nPlay will commence at 8 a.m. on Saturday with a shotgun start and conclude at 8 a.m. on Sunday.