Team looks to end skid

Michigan State, Michigan and Wisconsin are the three teams that have stopped the Hoosiers from winning their last four games. The Hoosiers (9-8, 2-5) will try to end that streak as they look for their first Big Ten road win of the season against the Iowa Hawkeyes (10-7, 2-4) at 7 p.m. tonight in Iowa City. It's a game that could set the tone for the rest of IU's season.\nThere's a lot to learn with so many young players, senior forward Lisa Eckart said, but the team isn't walking away from any losses without learning a lesson.\n"I think we've learned from each of our losses," Eckart said. "We're preparing as much as we can for each game we play from here on out."\nThe mental attitude of the team is positive right now, said coach Kathi Bennett, even coming off of four losses.\n"I think the team has been really good lately," Bennett said. "Their attitudes are tremendous."\nFreshman forward Brigett Branson said she likes where the team's attitude is right now and that before each game they are excited and enthusiastic about what they're going to do on the court.\n"We know from here on out we really need to win every game," Branson said. "Right now we're willing to put in the work and effort to win every game."\nThe team has been working hard since their two losses at home this past weekend to Wisconsin and Michigan State, Bennett said. Both heartbreaking losses have left the team hungry for a win and looking for leadership on the court.\nBennett said she has seen the leadership in practice, but is waiting to see that leadership during an actual game.\n"I feel that in practice I saw Jill Hartman and Kristen (Bodine) and Lisa (Eckart) try to hold people accountable and bring people together, and now it has to happen in a game," Bennett said.\nEckart said she has been doing her best to be a positive leader. She said she tries to lead by example.\n"I come in everyday and work as hard as I can and try to help the younger players," Eckart said. "The most I can do for this team is come in and give everything I have when I'm on the floor."\nIt will take more than leadership for this young team to be successful in Iowa City. It marks the 43rd meeting between the two schools with Iowa leading 31-11. The Hoosiers haven't won in Carver-Hawkeye Arena since 1994.\nBennett said she hopes the team's defense will be strong against the Hawkeyes. IU leads the Big Ten with a 37.4 field goal percentage and tops the conference in defensive rebounds (26.59).\n"If we play with the intensity that's required, our defense will win us the game," Bennett said. "I like our team D and I think we're a very good defensive team and that's our strength. We need to take advantage of it."\nBennett said the team takes advantage of that defense by not fouling when there are 10 seconds left on the shot clock.If they can control fouling in the remaining 10 seconds against Iowa, it would be huge, she said.\nThe team is down from their four losses in a row, Eckart said, but doesn't think that they are giving up anytime soon.\n"I think we're just excited to get on the floor again and try and redeem ourselves," Eckart said. "Iowa is a very beatable team for us and I think we're excited for the game"