Male student attacked

A 20-year-old male student was reportedly robbed and attacked at knife point near Morrison Hall Monday night. The IU Police Department reported the incident occurred around 8:30 p.m. \nThe victim reported he was walking to a class in Morrison Hall from the southside when he was pushed from behind. The unnamed victim said he turned to find two men wearing ski masks demanding money from him. \nOne of the suspects reportedly slashed at the victim, making a superficial cut on the victim's left arm. The victim said both males then struck him in the abdomen and the face six to 12 times and then left the scene.\nThe victim then drove himself to the hospital and was treated and released that night.\nThe victim also was able to provide a brief description of the two men:\n•Suspect 1: Male, possibly white, 5-feet 10-inches, average weight, blue jeans\n•Suspect 2: Male, possibly white, 5-10, average weight, blue jeans, dark warm up jacket\nThe incident is still under investigation by the IUPD. Sgt. Tim Lewis declined to confirm the identity of the victim, but did say there were two suspects involved. \nShould anyone believe that they were a witness to this incident or have any information regarding the robbery, they are asked to contact the Investigation Section of the IU Police Department 855-4111.