Sunday, Oct. 6

Collins offers improv games for students

Every other week at Collins Living Learning Center, sophomore Andrew Waple can prepare for his big audition. He wants work in improv comedy.\nThe new bi-weekly event, "Drama O'Rama" which will be held tonight, gives students a chance to perform improvational skits through different types of games. \nWaple has attended past events and enjoys the practicing mini-skits which he hopes help him attain his future goal.\n"I've done improv theater before," Waple said. "(Drama O'Rama) kind of serves as a warmup for my auditioning for Full Frontal Comedy in December."\nThe event, which takes place from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. is open to everyone, while targeted primarily to college students. \nThe games are basic improv games in which anyone can participate. There is no charge for the event which is being sponsored by the IU Arts Council. \nThis is the program's first year and attendance has varied each week with no more than 20 people attend each week.\nSophomore Emily Hard, a Collins Resident Assistant and coordinator for Drama O'Rama, said the said despite playing many of the same games each week they are still entertaining.\n"The games are fun because you can play them over and over and they'll always be different," Hard said.\nShe said it is not necessary to be a theater major to enjoy the games.\n"You can really learn a lot from the games, and it's a great way to let loose and get involved."\nGraduate student Sam Bloom attends the games regularly and uses them as a way to put aside his busy schedule.\n"I like it a lot because it's a chance to act silly and relax," Bloom said. "It's a good stress reliever"