Saturday, Aug. 31

Clooney says 'Solaris' is a tough acting job

NEW YORK -- George Clooney said his latest role in Steven Soderbergh's "Solaris'' has been his toughest acting job to date. \nBut the 41-year-old star is afraid it's his derriere that will get all the attention. \n"Fox leaked the story about the MPAA rating on 'Solaris,' how we got an R because I showed my (behind), but I think they're having trouble selling this film. They don't know what to do with it,'' he said in an interview from Los Angeles with Newsday. (The rating was later challenged, and changed to PG-13.) \nClooney anticipates that the most-often asked question during interviews promoting the film will be: "So you're naked. Did you work out?'' \n"I find it funny because we're trying to talk about things on a much grander scale, with a story that contains questions about the cosmos and it'll come down to a 30-second sound bite where I say, "Yeah, I worked out.'' \nThe film, which opens this week, is a remake of Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky's 1972 sci-fi epic. In Soderbergh's version, Clooney plays the role of a psychologist sent to investigate the mental state of the crew of a space station -- and winds up having hallucinations of his dead wife who committed suicide.