Casablanca serves up exotic flavors

Situated on the small street behind the hustle and bustle of Kirkwood is a quaint little international restaurant. Casablanca, which serves Moroccan cuisine, offers an experience as though you were eating on the shores of Northern Africa. As you walk into the small dining room, the smells of spices of Morocco fill your lungs and the sights of traditional decorations enchant your mind. \nTo begin your Moroccan meal, order a dish consisting of several dips, which include hummus, eggplant, kalamata olives, fresh tomatoes, and artichokes. To accompany this, your server will bring you fresh bread,directly from the oven, so that you may indulge yourself in this delightful epicurean appetizer. \nWhile you are eating your appetizer, ask your server to bring you a cup of Moroccan tea. This traditional tea, served in a silver pitcher, consists of a base of green tea with fresh mint leaves and a large heaping of sugar. \nAs your stomach begins to fill, your server will bring you your entrée. As a suggestion, try their Couscous, which is served with seven different vegetables. You may also ask to include chicken on kefta. Couscous is a staple food of Northwestern Africa and is a ground grain of hard wheat. It is similar to rice and maize. For those that are not familiar with kefta, it is generally considered a spicy meatball from lamb or beef and is quite good when combined with a plate of couscous.\nCasablanca offers a small dessert list. This makes no difference, however, because by the time you are ready to eat dessert, you will have absolutely no craving for it. Your first and second courses will leave your stomach filled. \nIf you desire good food in a unique atmosphere, then Casablanca is surely a restaurant to visit. With its traditional Moroccan dishes, it will definitely be a flavorful evening.