Two couples robbed outside Lindley Hall

Two couples were robbed by four males early Sunday morning after walking out of Lindley Hall, according to the IU Police Department. Soon after midnight Saturday, the two couples were walking toward Third Street when one of the males approached them holding a knife. The four men took an undisclosed amount of money from the two couples and fled westbound toward Bryan Woods, according to police reports. \nOne of the four men, Dale McCutchen, a nonstudent, was arrested approximately 40 minutes after the robbery. The other three suspects have not been located.\nIUPD Sgt. Tim Lewis said this armed robbery was the first one on campus this year. He said there were five robberies last year, two in 2000, and one in 1999.\nLewis said the two couples couldn't have necessarily done anything to prevent the robbery.\n"They weren't in a real dark area," Lewis said.\nTo help prevent something like this happening again, Lewis said people need to be aware of their surroundings and are best walking in groups late at night.\nThe investigation is currently ongoing and IUPD urges anyone with any information to call the police department.\n"Anyone who has been a witness in the incident or witnessed something in that area, call us," Lewis said. "We'd appreciate the help."\nAnyone with information regarding the robbery should call the IUPD at 855-4111.