They've got Kobe-- but that's about it

NBA Courtside 2002\nRating: E for Everyone\nFor: GameCube\nBy: Nintendo\nEven though "NBA Courtside 2002" provided close matchups for my roommates and I, there was something missing that kept this game from being truly worthwhile. \nThe words "all right" could not describe it better. The game has a competitive aura with a knack for keeping the games close, but this can be credited to the lack of defense the game provides.\nAnd there are set plays you can run in "Courtside." To anyone who would run those set plays, you need to get a life. You spend way too much time playing video games and need to realize there is a world of opportunity beyond sitting on your couch trying to guide the Chicago Bulls to victory. You can use the four-player feature and create some good roommate feuds, but often this gets really confusing.\nOffense has taken precedence in basketball video games since the old-school days of "Double Dribble." But in old-school Nintendo, at least you could steal the ball with a push of the A button. Courtside has upgraded from the 8-bit idea, and gives you graphic specialties never provided in your adolescence. \nAlthough I was not expecting "The NBA on TNT," there are times where I found the game unrealistic. When there are only two seconds left on the shot clock, I have no desire to jump in the air, do a 360 and pass the ball. When there are 13 seconds left with Portland beating New York 38-37, Damon Stoudamire should not throw a behind-the-back pass. No point guard his right mind would throw a behind-the-back pass when he is up a point at the end of the game. And even though the game provided a nice 3OT battle during which my roommate suffered a "heartbreaking" loss, the game was off the ball in too many ways for me to purchase it.\n

\n\n