Purdue upset by Old Dominion

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Hamchetou Maiga's 17 points and 17 rebounds led Old Dominion to a 74-70 overtime upset Monday night of Purdue, last year's runner-up in the NCAA tournament.\nNo. 2-seeded Purdue lost in the second round one day after defending national champion Notre Dame did.\nSeventh-seeded Old Dominion (27-5) will play No. 3 Kansas State in the Mideast Regional semifinals on Saturday in Milwaukee.\nOld Dominion blew a five-point lead with three minutes left in regulation but scored five of the first six points in overtime.\nSharron Francis sank two free throws for a 70-66 Old Dominion lead with 41 seconds left in OT.\nAfter Shereka Wright, who led Purdue with 22 points, made one of two free throws, Old Dominion's Monique Coker made two from the line to push the lead to 72-67.\nKelly Komara's baseline 3-pointer pulled Purdue to 72-70 with 13.8 seconds remaining, but Francis' two free throws with 9.5 second left sealed the victory.\nFrancis scored 14 points, and Coker and Lucienne Berthieu had 11 each for the Lady Monarchs.\nKomara had 14 points, and Erika Valek 13 for Purdue.\nOld Dominion led by 10 midway through the first half and still held a 57-52 lead with 3:02 remaining in regulation. But the Boilermakers (24-6), the 1999 national champions, went on a 7-0 run to go ahead 59-57 with 1:13 left.\nFrancis' 3-pointer put Old Dominion up 60-59 with 49 seconds to go, and Komara went just 1-of-2 from the line for Purdue 24 seconds later, sending the game to OT.\nThe Boilermakers went 29-for-42 from the line and shot 32 percent overall. Old Dominion shot 40 percent.\nThe Boilermakers ended their season on their home court for the second time in three years. They lost to Oklahoma in 2000.\nOld Dominion lost in the first round a year ago. Before that, the Lady Monarchs reached the round of 16 five straight times, including a trip to the 1997 title game.\nThe Lady Monarchs beat Purdue 69-65 in overtime in the second round of the NCAA tournament in 1997.