'LFB' proves to be a solid album

Live From Bloomington Project 2002\nVarious Artists\nFor 17 years, Live From Bloomington has been doing its best to help the Hoosier Hills Food Bank by getting donations of money and canned food. The project has also provided a place for local bands to get their songs on CD and possibly generate a bigger fan base other than just those that can go to the bars. This year's album, Live From Bloomington Project 2002, features some solid contributions from some of the bands, but none that really jump out as outstanding. \nBlue Moon Revue's contribution, "Time" is interesting and melodic, and as the second song on the album, does a good job of getting the listener into the album after "Armageddon Blues," a mediocre opener from Spread and the Infections.\n"LA Lindsay Goodbye Remix" from YOU is an entertaining track that is easy to groove to. It's nice in its difference from the original that was featured on YOU's album that they released in the fall. "Everlasting," the song from Kirkwood, shows that the band has segued from a cover band to a solid rock-pop band. It's not a song that will make you say "wow," but it's still catchy in the pop mold. \nTwo of the later tracks on the album, "Mood" from Epic and "Somedays" from Tintern Abbey, both stand out when compared to the rest of the songs that surround them at the end. Part of what makes these two more memorable than some of the others is the usage of different instruments such as the electric violin on Epic's song and the keyboard on Tintern Abbey's. \nLive From Bloomington Project 2002 is a solid album from start to finish, though probably not an album that many would call outstanding. But what matters is that in the end, it helps out others, and isn't that what is important at the end of the day?\n

\n\n