Getting your 'Sim'-groove on

The Sims: Hot Date Expansion Pack\nRating: T for Teen\nFor: PC\nBy: EA Games\nHave you ever dreamed of making out with Matthew Perry? Sleeping with Jennifer Lopez? Living in a large mansion with luxury furnishings? Being abducted by aliens? Playing "The Sims" can make all these dreams and more come true -- at least on your computer screen.\n"The Sims" is a game where you create a person and then control how they live their lives. From building a house to finding a job to making friends to cooking food and taking a shower -- it's all under your control. Thanks to a variety of Web sites devoted to providing downloadable "skins," you can also add Sims body types that look like TV, movie and music personalities, including the cast of "Friends" and Hugh Jackman. \nWith the new "Hot Date" expansion pack you can truly take friendships between your Sims to another level. Instead of being confined to your house and the houses of your Sim's friends, the characters can now venture Downtown. Sims can go on dates to the mall, eat a candlelight dinner or hang out on the beach. The game also provides several new objects you can purchase for your Sims after you make the needed amount of money. These include the "Cuddle Couch," for Sim make-out sessions and a "Love Tub" for romantic hot tub dates. \nTo use the "Hot Date" expansion pack you also need to have the original Sims game. Two other previously-released expansion packs, "Livin' Large" and "House Party," are also available but aren't needed to use "Hot Date." \nAll versions of the Sims are dangerously addictive (don't play on the same night you plan to write a paper or study for a test if you actually want a good grade). "Hot Date" offers more realism to the game alleviating the sometimes-boring tasks (like eating and sleeping) you must make your Sims do to live by offering trips out of the neighborhood. Taking on the challenge of making the intended boy/girlfriend actually fall in love with your Sim is challenging but a good break from the far more stressful real-life world of dating.\n

\n\n