Doubleheader follows losses

Returning to action after its first weekend of Big Ten competition, the IU softball team plays host to Louisville in a doubleheader starting at 2 p.m. today at the IU Softball Field.\nThe Hoosiers (9-14-1, 0-4 Big Ten) dropped all four games over the weekend as they opened conference play against No. 19 Iowa and Northwestern last weekend. Louisville (17-17) is coming off a two-game sweep of Conference USA foe South Florida.\nLouisville defeated South Florida by scores of 8-0 and 2-1. IU took on South Florida Feb. 23, with South Florida winning 9-0 in six innings. Louisville leads the all-time series against IU 1-2 after the teams met for the first time last year.\nThe Hoosiers look for strong performances from junior third baseman/catcher Stormy Hanson, who leads the squad with a .410 batting average. Hanson had her 10-game hitting streak end with a 0-for-3 showing in IU's 5-1 loss Saturday at Iowa.\nLouisville will be led by junior pitcher Jessica Rak who has a 15-8 record for the Cardinals, including collecting both wins last weekend over South Florida. Rak has a 1.48 ERA on the year, with five shutouts. \nShe has allowed just 110 hits in 142 1/3 innings pitched. The Cardinal offense is led by junior infielder Melissa Jacobo who leads Louisville in hitting with a .390 batting average, six home runs and 28 runs batted in.\nAfter having their first errorless game in their final game before opening Big Ten play at Iowa last weekend, Hoosier defensive miscues haunted them over the weekend. IU committed 16 errors to their opponents two and of the Hoosiers' 22 runs allowed, only eight of the runs were earned.