Team uses Hills Classic as tune up

The Big Ten Indoor Championships are this upcoming weekend at Minnesota and the Hoosiers plan to compete for the title. Saturday provided IU a tune-up meet. The Hoosier Hills Classic was an unscored event where many athletes either did not compete or participated in only one event. \n"This is a meet we have to have for some guys," head coach Marshall Goss said. "UnRico (Lloyd) is ready to go now because of it and if we just get one guy ready to go then it is worth it."\nLloyd ran in only one event this weekend, the 60-meter dash. Lloyd was able to beat his personal record in the preliminary heats and nearly did so again on his way to victory in the finals. His time of 6.80 seconds is the fastest time of the season for the Hoosiers thus far and beat Lloyd's previous best by four hundredths of a second. It also puts him in contention for that event in the Big Ten Championships. \n"I got a little work to do (before Big Ten's)," Lloyd said. "Starts in particular, they are inconsistent and I need to get that down and everything should be alright."\nSenior thrower Wasyl Fedoriw continues to improve on his school record and move up the national rankings in the 35-pound weight throw. His throw this weekend has ranked him 12th in the nation this season. In the last four meets Fedoriw has improved over 11 feet. He also won the shot put with a throw of 55-08.25. This success should allow him to score a large amount of points for the Hoosiers in Minnesota.\n"I wanted to throw the automatic qualifying in the 35 and I got pretty close to that," Fedoriw said. "I was within a foot and a half." \nOne negative from the meet this weekend is that sophomore Contrell Ash injured his hamstring. He will be evaluated this week to see if he will be able to run at the indoor championships. The loss of Ash, the Big Ten outdoor champion in the 100 and 200-meter dashes, could be huge. The entire team would need to step up for the Hoosiers to help compensate for the loss.\n"Everybody has to step up anyway (for the championships)," Goss said. "We got to go up a notch and we will be alright"