Women's golf team finishes a familiar fourth in Florida tournament

Hoosiers tie Wolfpack as Wolverines earn victory

The Hoosiers entered the Hatter Fall Classic this weekend intent on improving the fourth place finish they had in their first two tournaments. But for the third time in as many tournaments, the Hoosiers finished in fourth place, this time in a tie with North Carolina State. The team finished with a score of 945. Michigan took first place for the third time in all three of IU's tournaments.\nSophomore Karen Dennison led the Hoosiers on the first day of the tournament, ending the initial round with a 78 on the par-72 El Campeon course. Dennison, who is ranked 89th in the country according to Golfweek/Sagarin rankings, finished the first day tied for fourth place in the individual standings. Sophomore Danah Ford shot a 79 for a 14th place tie while junior Cara Stuckey and senior captain Tiffany Fisher each shot 80s to end the first day in a tie for 23rd place. Sophomore Mary Lidester, who played out of the No. 1 spot following her sixth place finish at the Legends Shootout Oct. 8-9, shot an 83 for the day. As a team, the Hoosiers shot a 317 for a third place finish. \nIn the second round, Dennison continued to lead the Hoosiers, posting a 77. But, the Hoosiers fell in the standings to fifth despite a lower score than the first day with a 316. Fisher shot a 79 to stay in 23rd place while Lidester shot a 78 to move up to 31st place. Stuckey and Ford shot 82 and 86 respectively to fall to ties for 37th and 50th place. \nIn the final round Sunday, the Hoosiers shot a 312 to cement a tie for fourth in the final standings. Dennison shot a 76 to finish with a 231 cumulative score, good for a tie for fourth place in the individual standings.\nMichigan shot two rounds of 305 on each of the last two days to take first place with a 926 by one stroke over Central Florida (927) and Florida State (944). The win completes a perfect fall season for Michigan with four straight victories.