Team to close regular season at Ohio State

This weekend, the women's golf team will be venturing to Columbus, Ohio, to participate in the Lady Buckeye Invitational, the home course of Big Ten opponent Ohio State.\nIU's last event of the regular season, the 54-hole tournament begins at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and will resume Sunday. \nThe course is 6,037 yards with a par of 72. IU has competed in this tournament twice, both times in the last several years. \nThe team comes into the tournament ranked 29th by MasterCard Collegiate Golf rankings. But coach Sam Carmichael said he is not happy with the Hoosiers' performance of late, although they finished second last week at the Hawkeye Invitational in Iowa City. \n"We didn't play well last week," he said. "The conditions were good, and we should've scored better. We have to find somebody to turn in low scores." \nSophomore Cara Stuckey played the course last year and said she wasn't pleased with her performance in some rough weather.\n"Last year when I played there, it was wet and windy," Stuckey said. "I didn't play particularly well. I just want to be consistent (this weekend) and avoid having bad holes." \nCarmichael said he plans to start seniors Natalie Tucker and Inga Snyder, junior Tiffany Fisher, sophomores Danah Ford and Stuckey and freshmen Karen Dennison.\nDennison has never played in Columbus, but said she has "heard some bad stories about the course." \nDennison is coming off a 70 in a round last week in Iowa, and she said she's been working hard on her short game and putting all week. \n"I hope to shoot some low solid scores for the team," she said. "I am also trying to play good to earn a spot in the Big Ten Tournament."\nThe Big Ten Tournament is next week, and the team hopes to have an impressive showing this weekend. \nCarmichael said this is a "great tournament with a great course." He said he expects strong competition this weekend, especially from Kent State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Furman and a few other teams.