Be sure to find your passion

Up until this year, I was going to law school to join the vast community of lawyers. But after marching into the IDS and demanding they hire me, everything changed. \nWell, actually the IDS hired me on the spot after I brought in a rough, rough review of "Almost Famous." From then on, I found my passion in writing and film. \nI may be leaving IU with no job or no real idea of my future, but I do know the last thing I want is a job lacking creativity and behind a cubicle. \nMy advice to the people lucky enough to have three, two or one more year on this campus: Get involved in something that you are passionate about. To give back something to people in any capacity can be more memorable than any big party or night out drinking (in most circumstances). \nI am trying very hard not to feel extreme anxiety and sadness about embarking on a life filled with responsibility and waking up at decent hour. But these four years here at IU have been the best college experience I could have asked for. I received a great education, learned every shortcut to avoid traffic, ate at Zagreb's as much as possible and, most importantly, made lifelong friends. To my friends, thank you for your patience because I know I can be difficult. Thank you for laughing at my stupid jokes, and thank you for always accompanying me to Nick's when I felt the need to play Sink the Biz. \nThank you to my family, especially my father for giving me six months of avoiding the job market like it was the plague. Thanks to my mother for inspiring me to write well. Most importantly, thank you to people who have read my reviews, especially for their criticism. I am still waiting for some hate mail! Thank you to the IDS and Jason, Rachel and Eden for showing me the ropes. Farewell Bloomington, I will miss the small town mentality of this college town every day as I hesitantly enter the real world.