Passing could revive team

As the season progresses, the Hoosiers' offense continues to focus more on the rushing game. IU has had success doing so, averaging 257.6 yards per game on the ground, the eighth best rushing attack in the nation.\nAt the same time, the Hoosiers are 3-5 overall and 2-3 in the Big Ten. More and more the passing game has become a forgotten facet of IU's offense. With the Hoosiers having lost three of their last four games, a revitalization through the air might be in order.\nA main target that seemed to disappear as of late is senior wide receiver Jerry Dorsey. The main deep threat for IU, Dorsey has hauled in 16 passes for 352 yards and three touchdowns. Most of Dorsey's impact was early in the season, but it seems teams have figured out how to slow him down.\n"Yeah, they're over covering a little bit," Dorsey said. "I'm a deep threat, so I figured they might double cover me or something like that."\nThe Hoosiers ran the ball on all but two of their first-quarter plays Saturday night. Junior quarterback Antwaan Randle El's first pass was deep and intended for Dorsey. The Nittany Lions intercepted the throw.\n"People have done a better job of taking him away," coach Cam Cameron said. "He had a couple of opportunities in the Penn State game, and one of them was intercepted, and the second was a pass thrown a bit behind him."\nGaddis took advantage of the extra room the defense and has made 25 catches for 488 yards and two touchdowns.\nCameron thinks opponents have focused on Dorsey in the past few games because he came off a great start earlier in the year. During the full season, Cameron thinks Dorsey and Gaddis will have the same number of opportunities to make plays.\n"I think it's just one of those cases where he did some things early in the year, and now opponents are focusing on taking him out of the picture," Cameron said. "Now that has opened up Gaddis in the past few weeks. We'd like to think that over the course of the season that will balance itself out a little bit."\nThe Hoosiers are averaging 179.8 yards per game through the air. Last year, the passing offense was much more prolific while both Dorsey and Gaddis finished the year with more than 600 receiving yards each.\nDorsey doesn't care if the IU offense continues to focus on the ground game. As long as the Hoosiers are playing well, Dorsey will do what he's asked to do.\nDorsey has gotten used to not only running routes, but also opening up room for the strong ground game.\n"We just put in the offense and just run," Dorsey said. "Plus, I'm starting to enjoy blocking anyway"