Do not waste your vote

Universal health care. A healthy environment. A living wage standard for hard working Americans. No more corporate welfare and bail outs. These are things you shouldn't be afraid to vote for.\nUnlike any other presidential candidate, Ralph Nader fights tirelessly for these ideals.\nToday is Nov. 7. If you haven't voted, please take the time and go to the polls to vote. If you are planning on voting for Nader, or would like to, you might have a few questions. \nFirst, you might still have reservations about voting for Nader because you don't want to hurt the chances of who you believe to be the lesser of two evils. Since in all likelihood you are voting in Indiana today, you have nothing to worry about. \nBecause the president is chosen by a majority in the Electoral College and not by who receives the most votes nationally, it has been all but officially decided in Indiana. George W. Bush is way up in the polls in this state and will win all 12 electoral votes. \nSo voting for either Bush or Al Gore in Indiana when you like Nader is more of a wasted vote than voting for Nader and the Greens. A vote for Nader will help the Green Party receive millions of dollars in funds and help build a strong progressive movement here in the United States.\nThe Green Party will be a party that works to protect and advance labor rights and American jobs. By voting for Nader, you will help advance the push for electoral reforms. This means the end to corporate underwriting of political parties. You will help push for publicly financed campaigns, same-day voter registration, binding none-of-the-above (NOTA) and proportional representation to make our government more democratic and responsive. \nThe Greens will fight to end government subsidies for industries that harm the environment. This will prevent these industries from profiting off your tax dollars while polluting our air and water. Your vote for Nader will pressure the auto industry to raise fuel efficiency standards. \nAll these issues probably matter to you. Now is your chance to take control of policies that will affect our generation. The status quo is not serving anyone. If you don't start voting for change now, when will you?\nHow to write in Nader: \n1. Bring your own pen or pencil with you to the polls. If you arrive without one, don't worry, the poll clerk is supposed to have one. \n2. When you enter the polling booth, first make your selections for all the offices for which you don't want to choose a write-in candidate. After you do this, you will be ready to go on to the write-in candidates. \n3. Push the write-in button, and the machine will dispense a piece of paper. \n4. Clearly write the office and the name of the candidate on the paper. For Nader, write: President, Ralph Nader. \nThere should be a list of all official write-in candidates in the booth. If you have any questions, ask someone working the polling station for assistance, and they will be able to help you. \nIf you still would like further information on Nader, visit www.votenader.org.