A declaration of values

Most people in Indiana probably aren't aware they have three choices for governor, including Andy Horning, the Libertarian candidate. Fewer still know I am a fourth choice, like the tire company that calls itself "the other guys."\nWhy Vote for Me? -- A Declaration of Values \n• I am tired of waiting for Democrats and Republicans to cross the line and solve problems using obvious solutions.\n• The reason they do not solve problems is because they are typically bought-out by special interests that have little or no interest in problems other than their own.\n• Alternative candidates need more than single issues (e.g., liberty or corporate domination).\n• There are no spare parts in the world. Everyone counts and is part of the solution.\n• Politics needs holistic thinking that includes spirit, mind, body, behavior and environment.\n• Indiana can be a model of enlightened life, free of crime, illness, suffering and ignorance -- our limits exist only in our minds.\n• We need to reestablish a connection with nature, both inside and outside of ourselves.\n• True democracy is self government.\n• Generally, government should increase choices for citizens.\n• Leadership should be based on love rather than fear.\nOur beautiful and bountiful state deserves government based on the best and newest knowledge. I represent and promote ideas yearning for a voice in a political system too structured in old ways of thinking.\nYou will not hear the other three gubernatorial candidates talking about: \n• preventive health care.\n• sustainable and organic agriculture, free of genetic engineering.\n• renewable fuel sources and energy self-sufficiency.\n• educational innovations that develop consciousness and full potential.\n• campaign finance and other reforms for Indiana politics.\n• crime prevention based on criminal rehabilitation.\nThese and other programs can save money, reduce taxation and shrink "outside-in" government to a fraction of its current size. My 50-point action plan is available at www.paulwilson.org.\nMy candidacy means public policy based on prevention and proven solutions, and at a much deeper level, it means higher individual and collective consciousness. Peoples' needs can never be satisfied through countless man-made laws, most of which are designed to limit human shortcomings that result from an educational system that develops a tiny fraction of potential. The only way to create a true democracy is to provide the tools for people to develop higher consciousness and actualization. \nThe knowledge from the last 2,000 years was enough for us to exist by the skin of our teeth. The next 1,000 years need something different. Even in Indiana, we must dig deeper to maintain balance in our selves, our communities and in our environment. My pledge as a candidate for governor of Indiana is to seek the best available solutions to any problems Indiana faces and to promote inside-out government for all Hoosiers. \nOn this Election Day, ask for a paper ballot. Please write in John Hagelin for president (www.hagelin.org), Nat Goldhaber for vice president, Paul Wilson for governor and Richard A. Crawford for lieutenant governor. \nI will leave with a final word by Hagelin, a man who deserves your vote:\n"Our campaign is about achieving unlimited possibilities for ourselves and for our country -- not perpetuating the status quo, bought and paid for by special interests.\n"There is tremendous potential to improve our health, to improve our education, to achieve greater prosperity for all Americans -- through common sense solutions that are ignored by government for purely political reasons.\n"Don't waste your vote on Al Gore or George W. Bush. A vote for 'the lesser of evils' is worse than a wasted vote; it is a destructive vote. It sends a loud signal to Washington that says, 'Keep up the good work! We are pleased with the lowest educational outcomes in our nation's history, with the highest percentage of our citizens in jail of any country in the world, with the poorest health and highest health costs of any developed nation.'\n"Don't send that destructive message. Tell Washington that we demand foundational reforms -- crucial solutions in education, health, crime, trade, foreign policy and the environment that cannot wait four more years.\n"It's time to take back our stolen democracy. It's time we take our place in history as the voters who broke the two-party death grip. Vote Hagelin-Goldhaber (and Wilson-Crawford) on Nov. 7!"\nContact us at (317) 632-VOTE, www.paulwilson.org and \nwilsonforgovernor@legislator.com.\nIf you would like to join our e-mail list or begin a student Natural Law Party at IU, let us know.