Yankees go to another World Series, what else is new?

Well, it is another World Series and another trip for the New York Yankees and, unless you are a diehard Yankees or Mets fan or are excited by the first Subway Series in 44 years, who cares?\nYes, the Yankees are well on their way to winning a third consecutive World Series championship. \nThat hasn\'t been done since the Oakland Athletics\' wins from 1972 - 1974. If they win, the Yankees would be the second team in Major League Baseball history to win three straight. But this should not surprise anyone.\nThe New York Yankees have won 25 of the past 95 World Series championships, or 26 percent of the World Series. They have made the World Series cut 36 times. When the last Subway Series rolled around, the Yankees defeated the Brooklyn Dodgers 9-0 in game seven. If you weren\'t aware, the Yankees have won 13 consecutive World Series games, last giving up a loss to the Atlanta Braves in 1996. The Yankees know their baseball. This makes them formidable, but somewhat boring opponents.\nWhy? The Yanks are the wealthiest team in baseball and can pay for the best players. Of course they are going to make it to the World Series. With buying power to acquire players such as David Justice, who made the clutch play to get the Yankees the AL championship, of course the Yankees are going to make it to the World Series. \nBaseball fans have also watched the Yankees go to the World Series five times in the past six years. For some, it is not fun anymore watching the same team play over and over, and win time and again. Sure, this Subway Series might be something from history, but if one of those teams has been there and won the past two years, why would we want to watch that? And surely even most baseball fans would not want to sit around for five hours during every game, which was the case Saturday night during game one.\nBut don\'t count this series out yet. The Yankees and Mets play incredible ball and each want this badly. The pitches are fast and furious, the catches incredible and the fans amazing. Plus, baseball fanatics across the country get to witness a part of history: a Subway Series and the possible Yankees' third consecutive World Series victory. \nIf game one was any indication, the Mets and Yankees are exciting opponents who are going to chase this championship down to the finish.\nNote: The Yankees won game one Friday 4-3 in 12 innings. The Yankees won game two Sunday 6-5.