Rugby team dominates in tournament opener

Saturday marked the first round of the Midwest Tournament for the men's rugby team. The Hoosiers had to win Saturday -- and two more games -- to make it to the national final four.\nWin they did, and it was by no small margin. \nIU defeated Ohio University 61-8 in a game that was almost entirely on the Hoosiers' half of the field.\n"We kept possession of the ball 90 percent of the time," senior Trent Hahn said. "We played really well."\nIn the first half, IU scored 32 points to Ohio's three. Freshman Dave Jensen started the Hoosiers off with their first five points, and sophomore Adam Stankewicz led with 15 points. Senior co-captain Ryan Gabey said he felt the Hoosiers' physical preparation played a major role in the high scoring game.\n"The best thing was our fitness," Gabey said. "It was much better (than Ohio's), and our stamina was great."\nAfter IU scored 61 points, Ohio found its way to the other end of the field, making an interception. Running nearly 75 yards, the Bobcats made their only attempt to score during Saturday's game. \nBecause Ohio State University defeated Illinois 82-0 in the Buckeyes' bracket Saturday, Ohio State will play IU in the semi-final round of the Midwest Tournament at 1 p.m. Oct. 28 in Bloomington. \nSenior co-captain Ryan Nystrom stressed the importance of beating Ohio State.\n"Our defense has to step up because that's what separates you," he said.\nCoach Sarasopa Enari said he is also concerned about what his team should expect from Ohio State in two weeks.\n"We're going to have to be able to execute well and to be bold in our decision-making," Enari said. "The game (with Ohio State) will be a physical and mental game, and it will come down to who works best under pressure. We have beat them the last four times we have faced them so there is no doubt they want to beat us on our territory."\nJunior Adam Stockholm said he was excited about the opportunity to play the Buckeyes at IU.\n"OSU is our archrival and the biggest game of the year," he said. "We'd like to have as much support as possible"