New WWF champion emerges

This week's episode of Monday Night Raw was pleasing to the fans in Hartford, Conn., thanks to the spillover of matches from Sunday's pay-per-view, "No Mercy." A new WWF champion fought, and Stone Cold Steve Austin continued to raise hell.\nCommissioner Mick Foley set up a triple threat match between Triple H, The Rock and new WWF Champion Kurt Angle. The match started with The Rock and Triple H teaming up against Angle. The next thing you know, Triple H was being carried out on a stretcher because Angle hit him with the ring bell. Triple H made his way back to the ring, but Rikishi interfered, causing a disqualification. \nI think Angle and Triple H will go head to head for a while, even though Stone Cold is probably going to get thrown in the mix. Austin can only kick the crap out of Rikishi for so long until all the fans get bored. What I would have liked to see is a quick title change on Raw from Angle to Triple H. This would have created controversy for Stephanie because her husband would have gained the title from her business associate, Angle.\nIn my opinion, the most exciting match of the evening was a "bra and panties" match for the WWF Women's Title. Trish Stratus faced Lita for the belt in a match where the winner was the first to get her opponent stripped down to their bra and panties. Trish was the first to get Lita down to her bra, but Lita then stripped down Trish to her naughty lingerie. Although the female viewers might not have liked this one, I am sure the 12-year-old who was watching while his parents weren't in the room loved it. \nOne of my personal favorites, The Road Dogg, faced Chris Benoit. The Road Dogg had Benoit right where he wanted him, until Dean Malenko came out to cause a distraction. Malenko then slapped Benoit a high five after the match. I wonder what this alliance could mean. Remember the Horsemen?\nY2J Chris Jericho had a brief chance for the European Title against William Regal. This shot was run short when Kane came out and choke slammed Y2J. It looks like these two will be feuding against one another, and I can't wait to hear the jokes that Y2J is going to crack on The Big Red Machine.\nFor a Raw following up a pay-per-view, I was not very impressed. I would have liked to see a winner in the main event, even if it would have been Angle. A disqualification does not bring satisfaction to the fans. One thing I did like about the main event is that Austin kicked some ass and drank some beer. A good end to any night happens when you are drinking beer.