Losing not an option for Hoosiers' tournament hopes

Members of the women's soccer team said they feel they have played well during the regular season, despite what their record shows. \n"We just seem to be one step too late," freshman forward Shelly Gruszka said in a press release.\n"Judging by our scores, you would think the other teams have been dominating, but we have dominated (every) game," Gruszka said.\nThe Hoosiers want to prove what they have been saying all along is true. The Big Ten tournament is a chance to do just that.\nThe tournament takes the top eight teams in the conference to participate. IU is currently ninth.\nTo capture the eighth position, IU must play the remaining three Big Ten regular season contests on the road. IU's first two tests are this weekend.\nFriday, the Hoosiers travel to Iowa to face the Hawkeyes, and then complete the weekend trip on Sunday against the Fighting Illini of Illinois.\n"We're preparing for a competitive environment," Iowa head coach Wendy Logan said. "This is a do-or-die situation and every game, from here on out, is crucial."\nIU coach Joe Kelley sees this as an important game, but said he doesn't feel extra preparation is necessary.\n"I think we've got to play the way we've been playing," Kelley said. "If we do, things will take care of themselves." \nIllinois is in the middle of the pack with 12 points and can clinch a Big Ten berth with a tie or an IU loss.\nKelley's said his main goal is keeping his team focused on reaching the Big Ten tournament for re-matches against the teams the Hoosiers felt they should have beat earlier in the season.\n"I would love to beat these two teams," Kelley said. "I want to beat them to get to those teams, (that we lost to) in the Big Ten's"