Hoosiers face biggest test of season

The men's rugby team is ready for Ohio State University.\nAt 1 p.m. Saturday, the Hoosiers will face off with their long-time rival to determine who will go on to play for the Midwest Tournament title. A first or second finish in the tourney guarantees IU a position in the National Tournament in the spring.\nSophomore Dave Jensen said the team's goal is beating the Buckeyes and make it to the national tournament's Final Four.\n"The conditioning is done," Jensen said. "This last week was for preparing to play OSU and to go on to win Nationals."\nThis week in practice, the team strove to eliminate weaknesses, which were exposed throughout the last few games. Following their last game, coach Sarasopa Enari indicated defense seemed to be the missing link that would deem the Hoosiers invincible against Ohio State.\nSenior co-captain Ryan Gabey emphasized the need for improvement on the team's defense.\n"We've been mainly working on defense," he said. "It is the big key for this weekend."\nSenior backliner Marcus Hurley said the defense has been trying to unite and work as a whole.\n"Our backline has really been working on countering kicks to prevent possession of the ball," Hurley said. "This is the first year we've really been working together effectively."\nEnari won't be there to see his team play. Called to his native Somoa upon the sudden death of his brother, he will have to miss the game the team has been working for all year.\nJensen offered a team mission, on behalf of all the players, for Enari.\n"We're playing (Ohio State) for him," he said. "We've got to step up and win it for him."\nHurley agreed with his teammate and expressed his feelings for his coach.\n"Sopa means so much to this team," Hurly said. "(The win) would prove to him that everything he's done this season would not be for nothing."\nThe trademark of Ohio State rugby, a statue of a gnome, will surely be present to antagonize IU, Hurley said. But he added it does not scare him.\n"I'm really excited about this game," Hurley said. "It's big. Practices have been really fun and everybody's been getting up for the game."\nJensen encouraged fans to attend the match, promising that it will not be a blowout, as past games have tended to be with IU rugby.\n"This game is going to be a lot more aggressive," Jensen said, "a lot more hardcore rugby"