Football embarrassed 58-0, Cameron blames self

110,909 fans, national TV audience watch Hoosiers fall to Michigan

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- There's a lot of words that can be used to describe what happened to IU Saturday against No. 18 Michigan.\nThe Hoosiers were destroyed, embarrassed and shutout by a Wolverine team determined to erase last weekend's disappointing loss at Purdue.\nWhatever frustrations the Wolverines' had after their loss to the Boilermakers were let loose in their 58-0 victory against the Hoosiers. And whatever frustrations IU (2-4, 1-2 Big Ten) had after its 52-33 loss at Northwestern only increased after getting hammered on national television and before a Homecoming crowd of 110,909 at Michigan Stadium.\nIn his post game news conference coach Cam Cameron blamed himself for IU's struggles the past two weeks. \n"There's only one guy accountable for that type of performance and that's the guy you're looking at," Cameron said. "I'm not pleased with any thing we've done the last two weeks. Not offensively. Not defensively. Not in the kicking game. That falls right on me and I'm well aware of that."\nThings were so bad Saturday that IU's usually reliable offense was held to a season-low 186 yards by Michigan's defense. Junior quarterback Antwaan Randle El was held to a season-low 134 yards of total offense. The Hoosiers also turned the ball over three times and had punts blocked on consecutive plays.\n"Our early turnovers always killed us and that's kind of what stopped us every time we got going," Randle El said.\nMichigan's balanced offensive attack torched IU's defense for 562 total yards, including 282 yards on the ground and 280 in the air. The Hoosiers are surrendering an average of 544 yards and 47.6 points in their three Big Ten contests.\n"I've been here for four years and it just seems like this is getting to be a routine," junior defensive end Kemp Rasmussen said. "I just have to tell our guys that we've got to find a way to turn this around. We have to stop (asking) what's happening and find a way to win. I don't know how we do it, but we're going to have to find a way somehow."\nAfter holding the Wolverines scoreless for almost seven minutes, Hayden Epstein kicked a 40-yard field to give Michigan a 3-0 lead. IU moved the ball into Michigan territory on the next possession. The Hoosiers drive ended prematurely, when a Randle El pass bounced off sophomore fullback Jeremi Johnson into the hands of Michigan cornerback Todd Howard.\nThe Wolverines took advantage of the turnover as Anthony Thomas scored the first of his three touchdowns on a 7-yard run, increasing Michigan's lead to 10-0.\nFour minutes into the second quarter, wide receiver Marquise Walker blocked freshman Ryan Hamre's punt, recovered the ball and carried the ball for a 41-yard touchdown run, giving the Wolverines 17-0 lead. One play before Walker's block, a kick quick on third-and-45 by Randle El hit junior center Craig Osika on the back.\n"(Osika) got pushed back and it hit him," Randle El said.\nLess than a minute later, Randle El fumbled a handoff to junior running back Levron Williams and Michigan nose tackle Gary Rose recovered the ball on the Hoosiers' 27-yard line. On the next play quarterback Drew Henson completed a touchdown pass over the middle to wide receiver David Terrrell, increasing the lead to 24-0.\nThe Wolverines final score of the half was their most impressive, as Henson wedged a 43-yard pass between senior free safety Johnny Anderson and freshman cornerback Duane Stone into the hands of Terrell for a touchdown.\nMichigan took a 45-0 lead into halftime, with 35 of its points coming in the second quarter. The Wolverines' second quarter total tied the school record for the most points scored in a quarter. \nMichigan's lone touchdown in the second half came on a 6-yard run by Thomas, who led Michigan's ground attack with 98 yards on 15 carries. Henson completed 14 of 18 passes for 232 yards. Henson's two touchdowns were both to Terrell, who finished the game with 101 yards on six receptions. \n"We had a complete effort and played with a lot of intensity," Michigan coach Lloyd Carr said. "We played a complete game and played real physical"