Browne not swayed by corporations

I whole-heartedly agree with Nate Wolf when he says that a vote for a third party candidate is not a vote wasted ("A vote for Nader is a vote for change," Oct. 17). Not only do popular third party positions help influence both major parties, but voting for someone you actually believe in has some merit in itself. \nBut I disagree with Wolf's plug of Nader. I do agree that the two major parties have their hands tied by corporate money, but there is an alternative to the two major parties other than voting for socialism with a Nader vote. Instead of blaming big business and corporate "fat cats" for the sellout of Washington, why not blame the ones who hold the real power: politicians. Politicians aren't forced by companies into being bought and sold, they do it voluntarily because they are more concerned with getting re-elected than looking out for your rights. \nIn light of this dilemma, there can only be one choice for this election -- Libertarian party candidate Harry Browne. Harry Browne places your rights above those of corporations and government politicians who think they can run your life better than you can.\nUnfortunately, this includes Nader. Nader doesn't believe in your right to pay the same amount for foreign goods that other nations do; he believes that you should pay a higher price to protect the inefficiency and incompetence of American companies. He believes that the government should tell you where to go for medical aid even if you think the place you get sent to provides sub-par service. He believes that we should soak the rich with taxes even though they're the ones who have been driving the economy for the last 10 years making life better for the entire nation. \nSo while Nader tries to be different from his slimy politician counterparts, sadly, he is not. If this November you feel like protecting the rights and freedoms of all Americans, cast a vote for Harry Browne, and make a change toward controlling your own life and prosperity.\nJames Smith\nFreshman