An offer Cameron cannot refuse

Cam Cameron has probably not been a betting man in recent years. Still, (in my "Godfather" voice) here is one offer he cannot refuse.\nIf Cameron and his 'In(d)iana' defense can somehow go on the road and find a way to defeat the almighty Wolverines, never again (this season) will I mention the draining sand in the hour glass that represents his coaching career or IU's lack of defense. Simply win and I shut up.\nOn the other hand, if the Hoosiers lose, it continues to be an open hunting season.\nNo one knows better than Cameron the difficulty of winning at the "Big House."\nWhen he was part of the Wolverines' personnel from 1984-1993, Michigan went 50-12-1 at home -- with seven of those losses being to ranked opponents.\nThe two years Cameron lettered as the Hoosiers' back-up quarterback in 1982 and '83, IU lost twice to Michigan at home. In his only game at Michigan as a head coach in '98, Cameron and the Hoosiers lost 10-21.\nThose facts, along with the fact that the Hoosiers have not defeated Michigan at the "Big House" since 1967, when IU won 27-20 and then advanced to the Rose Bowl, makes this seem a pretty safe bet.\nIronically, the last time the Hoosiers defeated Michigan (14-10 in '87) Cameron was on the sidelines as an assistant coach for the Wolverines. \nThe Wolverines have defeated IU so many times that they have the title and deed to the Hoosiers. In 35 home games, Michigan has won 28 times. Overall, the Hoosiers have won only nine games of the team's 52 meetings and only twice during the last 10 presidential terms.\nThe domination began in 1900 when IU first met Michigan and lost 12-0. In their first nine meetings, Michigan outscored the Hoosiers 285-6. \nThe Hoosiers have been shut out by Michigan 15 times and not until last year when Randle El helped put 31 points on the board did the Hoosiers ever achieve the 30-point mark against the Wolverines. On the other hand, Michigan has scored 30 or more points in 25 games.\nIt was pure domination in the 20th century and so far, there are no signs it will be any different in this century.\nMichigan also has added motivation this week to pound the Hoosiers after a last-second defeat at the hands of Purdue last week. Never has Michigan lost to IU and Purdue in the same season, and the last time the Woverines lost to two schools from Indiana was in 1987 -- when they lost to IU and Notre Dame.\nRunning back Anthony Thomas, a.k.a. A-train, who ran for career high 197 yards last year against IU, high leaping wide receiver David Terrell and baseball stud and Wolverine quarterback Drew Henson will have the opportunity to set new career numbers against one of the worst defenses in the nation Saturday.\nAfter Michigan, the Hoosiers' defense could secure the title of worst in the nation.\nYou can bet on that.