Administration should appreciate greeks' activities

All right, enough is enough. This is ridiculous. Fraternities and sororities have taken enough abuse from this University. We understand that alcohol is a big problem on many campuses across the country, but how much more flack are we going to have to take for it? The University has cracked down on the greek system way too hard.\nThe University has pushed us around one too many times. We are the University's pawns, exploited and used whenever they need us, but silenced whenever they don't. It's pathetic. This brings me to my proposal. Dance Marathon is one of the biggest philanthropies in the United States. We raised more than $300,000 last year for the kids. But did fraternities and sororities get any credit? No. Myles Brand and the University got all of the attention. But it was us who spent the semester raising money for the cause and then spending 36 straight hours awake. \nThe administration takes plenty from us but is willing to give nothing in return. We are prisoners in our own houses. Serenades were cancelled for some. Parties? No way. How much more of this are we going to take? All fraternities and sororities should boycott this year -- Dance Marathon, IU Sing and maybe even Little 500. We are not appreciated at all for all of our contributions to this campus. IU makes millions off us. Let's see what they think about losing all of us in campus functions. We run these functions. They can't survive without us. \nI am not suggesting a complete boycott of Dance Marathon. We should still raise money for the kids. The difference is that all the money raised should be donated directly from the houses to the charity. Each house should get credit for the hard work that we put in, not the University. \nAll the houses need to come together and take a stand against this greek discrimination by the University. We do so much for this campus. The administration needs to understand that they need to give a little to get a little.\nAdam Hargis\nJunior