Week 1 gone, predictions fly

The NFL season is under way, and with the first week behind us, the bold predictions will flow, the fantasy leagues will begin trading and Sunday and football will once again become synonymous.\nAfter the first week of games, "experts" analyze and dismantle the league, team by team, finding strengths and weaknesses, offering their predictions for the next week.\nEveryone seems to have an opinion about who will win the matchups each week, who will make the playoffs and of course, the Super Bowl.\nThis sports editor is no different.\nThe Tampa Bay Buccaneers will win the Super Bowl.\nThere, I said it.\nThe Buc defense is too good and the offense has improved too much not to win the granddaddy of them all.\nTampa Bay is led on and off the field by last season's defensive player of the year, defensive end Warren Sapp. Sapp is the imposing force that wreaks havoc on opponent's offenses and alters coaches game plans. Plant Sapp on the same defense as linebacker Derrick Brooks and safety John Lynch and they will shut down offenses.\nOn the other side of the ball, the Buccaneers, predominantly a running team, will look to renew their vertical passing game this season, with the addition of Keyshawn Johnson. The Pro Bowl wide receiver, who has never been a silent figure, will demand the ball fromShawn King.The second -year quarterback, who in his rookie campaign looked shaky at times but showed promise, will extend opposing defenses with his big play capabilities. Johnson's presence alone with draw double coverage, opening up the running game.\nTheir might be no better runningback tandem in the league than Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott. Dunn, a scatback, is a speedy, quick-footed runner who likes to take the ball to the outside and is a threat to go for a touchdown anytime he touches the ball. Dunn's complement, Alstott, is a bruising runner who loves contact. Alstott is a tremendous asset at the goal line, where he often exerts second and third efforts and is known as a player who never quits.\nThe Dunn-Alstott tandem will flourish behind a newly rebuilt offensive line which now features former Minnesota Viking Pro Bowlers Jeff Christy and Randall McDaniel.\nCoach Tony Dungy is an excellent motivator and problem solver and will drive his Tampa Bay machine down the road to Raymond James Stadium in sunny Tampa, Fla., where the Bucs will have homefield advantage for the Super Bowl. \nThe Buccaneers will beat the Indianapolis Colts in a classic "No. 1 defense meets No. 1 offense" showdown.\nThe Colts will show that they are for real and will be the AFC team to beat for the next decade. Behind offensive studs Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison, the defense will hold up well as the Colts will beat the Tennessee Titans in the AFC Championship game, on their way to the Super Bowl. \nCall me crazy, but I don't think the Washington Redskins will be as good as advertised. I foresee a major quarterback controversy between Brad Johnson and Jeff George, looming on the horizon. The talent that the Redskins have is too much not for them to win most of their games, but a 10-6 is not worth the more than $100 million owner Daniel Snyder paid out to rookies LaVar Arrington and Chris Samuels, and free agents Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith.\nAnother disappointing team will be the Green Bay Packers. Late in the '90s, Green Bay won a Super Bowl, but the team is on the decline, as is All-Pro quarterback Brett Favre. The team is falling apart, and Green Bay hasn't been a stable franchise since coach Mike Holmgren left for Seattle.\nThe NFL's up-and-coming teams include the Baltimore Ravens and the Chicago Bears.\nThe Ravens feature a defense with sack-masters Peter Boulware and Michael McCrary on the defensive line, the talented Ray Lewis at linebacker and solid, young cornerbacks Duane Starks and Chris McAllister.\nThe offense should be exciting to watch as well. Running back Jamal Lewis and wide receiver Travis Taylor, top-10 draft picks this year, will fit nicely into coach Brian Billick's high-powered offense, led by Tony Banks. The team should make the playoffs as a wildcard this season.\nThe Bears also feature one of the great offensive minds of the game. Offensive coordinator Gary Crowton has spread the team's passing attack for second year quarterback Cade McNown, opening up the running game and making McNown a more effective scrambler. Wide receiver Marcus Robinson has a breakout year in Crowton's offense and should mature and become Chicago's go-to receiver this season.\nWell, another analyst has made some predictions. Now it's time to watch the games.