Prosecuter charges Cox with murder

Prosecutor Carl Salzmann said he will charge Gregory Keith Cox, the man accused of the Saturday morning slaying of Sherry King, with murder today.\nA Monroe County Circuit Court spokeswoman said Cox's probable cause hearing took place Monday and he will be arraigned Thursday.\nCox is being held without bail. \nDiontae Brooks and Jessie Williamson, also arrested in the incident, face charges of selling crack cocaine. Facing an arraignment Thursday, the two are being held in lieu of $50,000 bail, the spokeswoman said.\nAccording to police, Cox, Brooks and Williamson, all residents of Detroit, were arrested Saturday morning after police responded to a shooting at Pheasant Run Apartments, 1004 Country Club Road. It was there that Sheriff's Deputy Roger Watkins found King, Andrew Crouch, Karin Coonce (who is six weeks pregnant) and another man, Randy Osmer, shot in the bedroom of Apartment 24.\nMonroe County Deputy Coroner Dave Toumey pronounced King dead at the scene. \nPolice said Cox, Brooks and Williamson, who had previously fled the scene, were arrested without incident at 2408 S. Rogers Street. \nPreliminary charges of dealing in a controlled substance were filed against Brooks and Williamson after police said they found crack cocaine in the back of the squad car which transported them to the jail. According to the Monroe County Circuit Court, preliminary charges of murder were filed against Cox. \nThe officer in charge of the investigation, Monroe County Sheriff's Detective Steven Chambers and other investigators have not yet released a formal police report of the Saturday killing. Chambers said the Monroe County Sheriff's Department filed a probable cause affidavit Tuesday with Salzmann\'s office and the court.\nBloomington Hospital spokeswoman Cindy Beavers said shooting victims Crouch and Coonce were still hospitalized as of Tuesday. Crouch is in satisfactory condition. The hospital will no longer comment on the condition of Coonce at the request of her family, Beavers said. As of Monday she was in stable and satisfactory condition. The hospital would not comment Monday on the condition of Coonce's unborn child.