New bus plan targets off-campus riders, won't solve deeper issues

After I read the article about the new bus plan in the IDS Thursday, I am pretty mad at the new policy. It is actually a nonsensical plan, if it aims to solve traffic problems plus parking problems. It can solve nothing, except for taking more money from us poor students!\nIt is predictable that this new bus plan won't achieve the goal it aims to.\nThe purpose of this new plan is to reduce the traffic and parking problems. The reasons are obvious. Bloomington Transit is not that convenient, as the authorities claim. People lose their mobility if their daily schedules must meet with the bus plan. And don't forget aAlmost all students who choose to live off-campus own their cars. In other words, those whom the new bus plan targets will still drive to school. The traffic will still be busy, and the parking space is still not adequate.\nIt is obvious that the new bus plan targets students who live off-campus, since a campus bus pass is still required to take a campus bus. Since most of the on-campus residents won't take BT, except for those who happened to live on Route C, it's obvious that this plan unfairly burdens most of on-campus residents. People might argue that Bus C will go to College Mall, and the plan could still benefit most of the students. But I wonder and doubt how many people will take the bus to the mall, if they go there solely for the purpose of shopping! Come on! If there are plenty of parking spaces there, why should people bother to take the bus?\nAnother foreseeable result is that Bus C will always be crowded, since it's the only bus that people need not pay extra to ride. In that case, it won't be too pleasant to take bus C. \nIt is said that the new plan was proposed by IU Student Association. I wonder if it really stands for the interests of students!