Vice President Mike Pence to visit Anderson, Indiana, for tax reform talk

Vice President Mike Pence is coming back to Indiana. 

Pence, along with Gov. Eric Holcomb; Sen. Joe Donnelly, D-Indiana; Rep. Susan Brooks, R-5th District; Rep. Todd Rokita, R-4th District; and Rep. Luke Messer, R-6th District, will visit Anderson, Indiana, to meet with local business leaders and families to discuss tax reform, according to a White House press release. 

Pence will arrive on Air Force Two at 12:35 p.m. Friday. 

He will end his visit with formal remarks to the community at the Wylam Center of Flagship East, according to the release. 

Donnelly and Messer released statements Thursday afternoon on their planned attendance to the event. 

Messer is an outspoken advocate of the President Trump's tax plan, according to a release from his office. He said his tax plan will help create jobs and increase wages and deliver the kind of growth that will revive the American workforce. 

"President Trump is right," Messer said in the release. "American workers need a raise."

Donnelly discussed tax reform efforts with Trump when he met with him at the White House in February. 

"As we discuss tax reform, I believe that any reform effort should include policies that will create new jobs, protect existing jobs, and benefit middle class and working families," Donnelly said. "That is what I've discussed with President Trump, and I'm pleased he has been supportive of my proposals to prevent the outsourcing of jobs." 

The Indiana Republican Party announced Tuesday that President Trump is scheduled to visit Indiana sometime next week, but no further details have been released. 

Katelyn Haas