weekend

Oscars 2017: By the numbers

ENTER OSCARS-LUNCHEON 1 LA

3,048 — number of Oscars statuettes that have been given out since the first Academy Awards in 1929.

24 — categories in which actors, movies and production teams can earn nominations.

14 — “La La Land” nominations, including nods for Best Picture, Best Actor and Actress, and Best Original Song. It ties “Titanic” and “All About Eve” for the most nominations ever.

11 — record that “La La Land” has to beat to win the most Oscars in a single year. “Titanic,” “Ben-Hur” and “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” have each won eleven Oscars in their respective years.

10 — number of movie musicals that have won Best Picture at the Academy Awards, including “My Fair Lady” and “The Sound of Music.”

4 — black directors who have been nominated for Best Director Oscars. Barry Jenkins could be the first winner with “Moonlight.”

20 — Meryl Streep’s cumulative number of Oscar nominations, a record for a single performer.

7 — actors of color nominated in 2017.

13 — number of Asian actors ever nominated for Oscars, including Dev Patel’s Best Supporting Actor nod for “Lion.” It’s also been 13 years since the last nominee: Ben Kingsley for “House of Sand and Fog.”

37 — age at which Lin Manuel Miranda could complete an EGOT — Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Award wins—  making him the youngest recipient and quickest to win the whole set. He also has a Pulitzer.

4.366666... —  number of hours in the longest-ever Oscars ceremony: four hours, 22 minutes. Sunday’s awards will probably be more than three hours long, beginning at 8:30 p.m.

8 — number of awards shows Jimmy Kimmel has hosted before the Oscars, including the 2016 Emmys and the American Music Awards five times.

1 — Oscar nomination for “Suicide Squad.” Somehow.