crime & courts

Indy man arrested for October armed robbery in Bloomington

Region Filler

Police made an arrest Monday in an armed robbery case dating back to October.

Draven Miller, 19, is charged with felony robbery. Detectives from the Bloomington Police Department arrested him at his home in Indianapolis.

Miller allegedly attempted to rob an apartment on the 2500 block of East Eastgate Lane along with a 17-year-old accomplice Oct. 10. One carried a shotgun, and the other had a handgun, police said at the time.

They entered the apartment and demanded the two residents and three guests there give up their phones. During the robbery, one of the visitors called 911. Another wrestled the juvenile to the ground, and police arrested him when they arrived. His accomplice fled with several of the cell phones.

The robbery appeared to be motivated by drugs, BPD Capt. Steve Kellams said in October. The apartment contained marijuana and pills.

Police continued to investigate the robbery, and though the juvenile arrestee and one of the victims identified Miller as the accomplice, they didn’t issue a warrant because they couldn't verify a home address for him, Kellams said Tuesday. The address, on the 6600 block of West 11th Street, where he was found Monday was listed as his home address in jail booking information.

Detectives arrested Miller without incident, Kellams said. Miller refused to make statements to the police.

He was taken to the Monroe County Correctional Center where he is being held on $30,000 bond.

Jack Evans